Kid portions

Liza B.
on 6/25/03 9:09 pm - Ansonia, ct
Hi all! I just have to have a Dennis Miller "Rant" moment here. I have to make a comment about kids portions, that's really getting me upset and wonder if any of you notice this as well. I've been ordering kid portion meals, at resteraunts, for years now since I have 2 little ones. Sometimes I order them for myself, since the wls. I've been noticing more and more that these "kid portions" are getting bigger and bigger. Most of the time when I order for my kids, who are 6 and 4, I get one kids meal and they share it. Grant it, my kids can be picky eaters, but even when I order it for myself I usually have left overs to take home. What's the deal? And they wonder why we are such an obese country and our kids are getting more and more obese! Sorry, just had to vent about this and see if I'm the only one who notices this. Muah! Liza
Louise C.
on 6/26/03 1:46 am - New Milford, CT
Liza....I agree with you. Could this be one of the reasonsn that kids are getting fatter younger? Hmmmmm. Have you also noticed that the things on kids menus are crap? Lots of fried junk and such.
Mary Lou C.
on 6/26/03 2:22 am - Milford, CT
Just wanted to add my two cents. School lunch choices!!! Someone finally realizes after all these years that they're not real healthy. The government will now have to do study after study and committee after committee and $$$$$$$$$ to correct, its just so amazing that so many educated people have such little common sense. French fries, soda, pizza, cookies etc these are healthy choices I think not.
frostin_queen
on 6/26/03 10:52 am - stafford springs, ct
I agree with you Liza 100% I also agree with the post about the school lunches.I am a cafeteria worker in an elementary school. Things are so much different now then when I was in school. I my school they serve cheese burgers, chicken patties,chicken nuggets and hotdogs at least twice a month each. And always with some form of french fries or pasta.You would not believe the carbs. that these kids are served.I'm worried my daughter is going to end up like me....I can curb her eating habits at home....but when she starts having school lunches its going to be a battle. I guess bag lunches are the best way to go. Thanks for letting me vent! lol Take Care All! HUGS!
Most Active
Recent Topics