Reflections on a 2 year journey.

Liza B.
on 8/1/03 9:04 pm - Ansonia, ct
Two years ago today I embarked on the 2nd leg of the most incredible journey of my life. Two years ago today I went under the knife to physically change my body, so that I could not continue the damage and abuse I was putting my body through. Two years ago today, a talented surgeon and wonderful hospital staff, unknowingly gave my husband his wife back and my children their mother. They gave me my life back. Two years ago today I had open RNY Gastric bypass.

I never imagined that having my anatomy changed would change so many other things in my life. I started off at 327.5lbs and within, what now seems like minutes, life started to change. I was losing weight, I became visible to the world and more importantly I became visible to myself.

In the last two years, I had lost 152.5lbs(I recently have gained about 10 because I am now almost 5 months pregnant.) I started a support group for WLS patients, that has grown to 3 chapters across Connecticut. I became more confident and self assured. My attitude about my world and the world around me started to change. I can not only walk, but run with my children. I can walk into a room with confidence that I can sit where ever I chose and not have to worry about whether I'll fit in the seat or even the terrifying thought of breaking it. I can go into a store and pretty much know that I will find something that not only fits but that I love and feel great about. I can have love making marathons with my husband again and enjoy the intimacy we once had shared, as a the young couple we are.

WLS has become such a natural part of my life that I don't even think about it anymore. The words "I had weight loss surgery" roll off my tongue as easly as my name. It is just a part of who I am and what it means to be me. So much so, that I almost forgot that 2 years ago today I started my life again, because I've been living so much, it's hard to believe that I was once very much spiritually and emotionally dead.

I have to say thank you to all those who have helped me get to where I am today. There are too many to mention, but you know who you are. You have helped me walk this journey and have guided me when I strayed. You will all hold a special place in my heart.

Peace and love to all on this journey. MUAH!

Tove Annelise H.
on 8/2/03 6:06 am - Middletown, Ct
RNY on 10/06/03 with
Dear Muah!! Just stopped by to say CONGRATULATION with your two years aniversary, your 5 month pregnancy, your upbeat attitude and becouse you are sharing it with the rest of us. Way to go girl!!! Hugs Tove
LMCLILLY
on 8/4/03 12:02 am - Central, CT
Liza- you are a wonderful inspiration to all of us. Congrats on your success and your pregnancy! Keep up the great work.
Most Active
Recent Topics