Wanting to scream sometimes

maria G.
on 9/2/03 10:02 am - waterbury, ct
I had my surgery in dec 02 weighing 396lbs now i'm weighing 288 i think last i checked was 2 weeks ago i'm realy realy not eating good i need to stop and think of stop eating junk food and hoop on the train of protein but damn it sounds so plain god i'm so confused i can't beleave i got cut like that it's such a ugly scar i think they took my stitches out soon oh well i just have the make the best and hope on that train i also wanna see about a tummy tuck exercise is not hacking it is 3 days a week not enough for the gym sould i go more but i can't i'm so busy i'm looking for someone in my shoes i wanna know how they are fighting thr struggle get back i really wanna make this work
Mary Lou C.
on 9/4/03 3:14 am - Milford, CT
Hi Maria, I'm so sorry you are having a hard time. I'm only 7 weeks out so I don't know if I can offer any help but I try to focus on one meal at a time. I don't eat carbs at all cause I feel they are addictive to me. Once they are out of your system for a while the cravings do go away. Don't be too hard on yourself, none of us are perfect, just try and do the best you can. A 100 pound weight loss is pretty amazing!!! You can do this. Hugs & best wishes, Mary Lou C
dorothy B.
on 9/5/03 12:56 pm - hamden, ct
Hi Maria, We had our sugery one day apart. I had mine done Dec. 3. I weighed in 364lbs. I now weigh 212lbs. I'ts really hard trying to eat the right things, but you have to really put it in your mind to do so. I stay away from carbs as much as possible, but I have to treat myself to it sometimes. I also snack a little every now and then. To deprive myself from things I want, only makes it harder, so I have a little just enough to taste. I also think I have a ugly scar also. I'm thinking my doctor could have used another method on me instead of the staples. I have train tracks down my stomach, but then I say to myself it's worth it for the amount of weight I've lost and the energy I now have. Exercising is not my best thing. I walk the track maybe 2 to 3 times a week a couple of miles. Other than that I don't do anything else. I really need to because of the hanging skin. I just take one day at a time. Remember how you felt before the surgery, then think about how you feel today. That is how I deal with the struggle from day to day. Take care, Dorothy Email me if you wanna talk sometimes [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics