8/04 RNY...Weight .Gain.

Julie S.
on 5/17/11 5:02 pm - Southington, CT
Revision on 02/28/12
       Just wanted to leave a note about myself because I have been away from this sight for way too long and am back facing Revision... I had open RNY on 8/2004. Highest weight was 435 .. surgery weight was around 350. Lowest weight reach 242 But Have had numerous medical issues not 100% bariatric related...As of today am back up to 319 lbs and can barely walk due to back issues. I am mostly immobile. I am able to eat way to much and due to chronic pain have been taking Ibuprofen regularly for the past 2 plus years.

To make a long story short Found a Dr Finally who takes my State health insurace and who is willing to do a revision so Scheduled for an Edoscopy on July 13th, 2011. He is in With Dr. Barba. His name is Dr. Nahmias but he's not listed under the Surgeons on ObesityHelp site. Not sure why.  Anyone ever see him. He seems wonderful. Very nice and believes in 2nd Chances. Any input is Welcome.

Anyone out there have RNY revision?? 

Also looking for anyone who has lost weight if they are getting rid of any Size 28or 30/32 clothes. Im so not fitting in to anything and when lost all my weight never kept the larger sizes. Didnt think I would ever be this big again...

Thank you so much for your time. Sorry so long of a post. So happy to be back and on the right track

Julie S.
Open RNY 8/2004

Julie Schneider
Open RNY August 2004
dragonfly2005
on 5/18/11 6:42 am - CT
RNY on 01/24/11 with
I am sorry to hear about all your troubles.  Welcome back.  I had surgery June 2005.  All was going well and I lost track of things too.  I got rid of all my bigger clothes also.  I have gained back 30 pounds of my 180 lost so I recently came back to the sites and support groups.  I hope all goes well for you.  Good Luck!
JA
on 5/23/11 8:53 pm - East Haven, CT
Julie,
First of all congrats on getting back on track.  I had a lap RNY w/Dr. Bell at Yale in 2004, and am happy to say I am still at my lowest weight.  However, I have had times where I gained some weight and needed to get my butt back in the gym and back on task.

Call Dr. Bell's office and see if they will take your insurance.  He is an excellent doctor.  I'm concerned about a doctor that is NOT listed on this site, especially if you have had medical issues related to your first surgery.  Dr. Bell does revision surgery (not for his patients because he likes us to not use that as a back up to falling off the wagon so to speak).  He follows his patients forever, which is something that not all doctors do.

Good luck!

JA (Lap RNY 7/2004 - 90 lbs)
PS Dr. Bell's support group meets at Temple Medical the first Tuesday of every month.
liz B.
on 2/6/12 11:25 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 03/21/12
 hi julie, how are you doing these days? i was reading a post of yours and was wondering how you made out and what type of rev surgery you had and how's it's going with you now? i hope that all  is going well for you
Most Active
Recent Topics