Which surgery

charb149
on 7/19/11 4:13 am
Hi everyone. I was all set for lapband surgery until I went to the seminar. Now I don't know what to do lapband or bypass?  Waiting for call from dr office  for dr. consultation. What kind of surgery has everyone had. Thanks for help in advance
Lori B.
on 7/19/11 8:58 am
Omg, go for a sleeve! That's what I have and I love it!!

~Lori
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
charb149
on 7/19/11 11:37 am
Thank you so much Lori. I can't wait.Claudia
Dan R.
on 7/23/11 9:37 pm - Madison, CT
RNY on 08/04/08 with
I had Bypass surgery 3 years ago, and I am so very pleased with my "tool". It has helped me lose almost 200 pounds and given me a chance at a new life. The type of surgery you choose is very important and should be made with the consultation of your surgeon, and meet as often as you need to, in order to feel 100% certain that you have made the right choice. Put as much thought and research into this decision as you did for selecting your surgeon. I have stayed involved with the "aftercare" aspect of Weight Loss Surgery and believe these programs are as important as the surgery itself. Good Luck! and if I can be of any support during your journey,, please contact me... Welcome to world of being a "loser", it's great!   Dan    
Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Founder-Central Connecticut Cares
bellmad
on 7/28/11 12:27 am - North Branford, CT
I had the bypass, 4 years ago yesterday...my cardiologist really did not give me a choice between the two...I was in cardio trouble..and basically he said if I did not have a bypass...I would not live for more than 5 years...I have lost 220 lbs...had a little slip last year...put other things infront of myself..but Zumba and the Y...along with getting my "tool" back in working order..did the trick...I agree with Dan...each surgery has very different long terms results... the lapband I believe requires more maintenance..as far as going for fills...but I am interested in what you decide....and if I can be of any help...let me know! 
charb149
on 8/28/11 3:56 am
 Thanks all my surgeon says bypass. Been to most Dr., sleep study next week., 2nd consult following week. Getting really excited everything falling into place. No sleeve insurance will not cover. Thanks again for support
Most Active
Recent Topics