Looking for locals

thepheonix
on 8/7/11 7:48 am - CT
Are there any members in the Watertown/Waterbury area interested in starting a walking group? 

charb149
on 8/8/11 6:02 am
Hi I'm also from CT. Just started haven't had surgery yet. Been to seminar, nutritionist, and Thurs. DR. appt. Where are you having your surgery? Mine will be Hospital of central ct. (NBGH)
thepheonix
on 8/8/11 8:11 am - CT
I did all of my appointments, I'm just waiting on authorization from my insurance company.  If all goes well I should have my surgery sometime in September at St. Mary's.  But in the mean time I wanted to start exercising.  I did 5 mins of Pilate's this morning and wow, it's really effective.  I'm sore as hell, but it feels good  !!!  I'm having the sleeve, which have you decided on? 

charb149
on 8/8/11 10:29 am
Went to seminar thinking the band.....now thinking sleeve. Such decisions I walked for 10 min I have hip problems so I xant walk too far. I can't waitt for the surgery I'm on insulin tired of shots,and meds. Hopefully I can get off soonGood goimg with the pilate's. My surgery wouldn't be until Jan I think.
thepheonix
on 8/9/11 12:36 am - CT
I thought band too until the seminar.  It has too many side effects for me and having hardware in my body for life just didn't sit well with me; not to mention the adjustments.  Keep up the walking every step counts !!!  I hope I won't need my meds after the surgery as well.  just think of all the money we can save by not needing to pay for meds anymore. 

charb149
on 8/9/11 10:38 am
 I totally agree. I just wish I made this discision a long time ago. Have you heard about the surgery dat yet?
thepheonix
on 8/9/11 9:45 pm - CT
Just got a call from the doctors office.  apparently my cardiologist didn't turn in the right paperwork and medicaid won't accept it; and he's now MIA.  So, I have to see a new cardiologist on August 31st and hope medicaid accepts his letter.

Minor setback I hope. 

charb149
on 8/10/11 3:16 am
Oh no you have to be kidding. Got to love these Dr. and insurance. I go to my surgeon tomorrow. He has a web site and for some reason its down. I wonder why, I"M going to ask him tomorrow. Hopefully it's just getting upgraded, qnd he isn't planning to book. Good luck tomorrow. Keep me informed..
deb.c
on 8/15/11 11:00 am
hi,PLEASEtell mthat your dr is not richie if it is ease change ?
Richbehr
on 8/10/11 12:16 pm, edited 8/10/11 12:16 pm - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
If you ever want to come down to the Hamden area, I'd be glad to join you.

"Death borders upon our birth, and our cradle stands in the grave. Our birth is nothing but our death begun."

Most Active
Recent Topics