2 days post surgery!

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/12 2:30 pm
2 days after surgery and all is well appears to me. Pain is tolerable and soreness abaiting quickly, Do have an issue with gas bubbles forming in belly and not passing thru to intestines but gurgling around in stomach and making gas pains, somewhat intense, getting up and moving around helps but is this a life long challenge? I hope not. be funny if after every sip I was up and around for a bubble, no no straws or taking in any air deliberately when drinking. Anyone else have an issue like this...
Bette B.
on 2/15/12 1:38 am
 The gas you are experiencing is, most likely, the gas the doc puts in your abdominal cavity during surgery. There is little you can do, other than getting up and walking around as much as possible, to get it resolved. It usually takes its sweet time to dissipate, usually about a week.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/12 1:15 pm
much better now thanks..
Bette B.
on 2/20/12 7:26 pm
 YAY! Glad to hear it!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

thepromises
on 2/16/12 2:08 am
RNY on 01/03/12 with
 Hi there!  I had the same thing when i first had my surgery, i thought it was insane!! All the bubbling, and gurgling and all that... but rest assured it does go away. I don't bubble or gurgle any more, so don't worry. Deal with it for now, and it will eventually go away. I believe when i was finally onto real (well, mushy) foods it slowly went away. 

Hope you're feeling well! 

-meg
(deactivated member)
on 2/20/12 1:16 pm
started the pureed foods today and all is well, thanks for the info.
charb149
on 2/21/12 3:00 am
Congrats on you're surgery. I had mine in Oct. and still remember the gas pain. I alsohad Dr. Barba and think he is awesome
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/12 2:26 pm
Ya' I liked him as well
atkinson5069
on 2/21/12 7:12 am - new britain, CT
VSG on 03/26/12
congrats on surgey glad to hear from you post op i cant wait till mine 4 more weeks...ya...
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/12 2:27 pm
Saw some pics of your family man.. killer .. you'll do good. just no kids on your lap for a day or two, then back at it.
Most Active
Recent Topics