8 Year WLS Anniversary

JA
on 7/21/12 8:58 pm - East Haven, CT
Eight years ago yesterday (7/21), I began my "new life" when Dr. Bell performed my LAP RNY.  I never knew what a beautiful tool he was giving me, at the time.  The past 8 years have been difficult for me both personally and professionally.  By the grace of GOD, and Dr. Bell, and sometimes I think of them as one in the same, LOL - I have kept my weight off.  In fact, I am at my lowest weight.  I lost 95 lbs.  I feel like a new person.  I have no physical restrictions - except for what age has afforded me.  I want to encourage anyone who is considering this life changing surgery, to do it for yourself - it's worth every moment.  I have to share with you the fact that it is NOT an easy journey.  You can very easily gain your weight back if you do not change your eating habits and lifestyle.  Do not think of this as an easy fix - it is NOT EASY!!  It is a tool that gives you the same ability to lose weight like everyone else can.  You will have to diet and exercise for the rest of your life.  I don't see my eating as a diet - I see it as a healthy, new way of life.  Althought it was not an easy job it was the best decision I ever made, and I will be eternally grateful to Dr. Bell for providing me with the tool that has given me life again and for his continued support over the past eight years.

Thanks for letting me share.
JA
maboots
on 7/22/12 11:41 pm
Congratulations!  You are so right ... it is not easy, but well worth it.  I too had Dr. Bell three years ago and my husband 4 months ago.  He is the BEST!
JA
on 7/23/12 12:21 am - East Haven, CT
 Thank you.  Congratulations to you, too, on your success - three years is a long time as well.  and Dr. Bell is a miracle worker for sure!
Susan C.
on 2/24/13 6:32 am - Cromwell, CT

Dr. Bell is leaving Yale.... I am so heartbroken.... Dunno how I'm going to keep doing this without him!!

JA
on 2/24/13 8:54 am - East Haven, CT

Hi Susan,

I received the letter from Dr. Bell saying he was leaving Yale, and I am heartbroken as well!  He is the most fabulous doctor on this planet, and gave me something that is so precious.  WE NEED to continue to be successful for him!  I understand he is going into private practice in NJ.

Best,

JA

Most Active
Recent Topics