Husky A requirements

Nitis17
on 3/14/13 3:07 am - Stratford, CT

I have schedule an appt with Fairfield county Bariatric. I have an appointment on 04/01. When i spoke with the receptionist she said I may not qualify because i do not have any other symptoms like high blood pressure. They are going to send me for sleep apnea testing, but I doubt that I have sleep apnea although I do snore really loudly so I've been told .

My question is what do you have to have in order to qualify? My BMI is 41.2 does Husky require that plus high blood pressure, diabetes, ect? Should I also go see my doctor in advance?

Jenn C.
on 7/8/13 2:24 pm - Naugatuck, CT
RNY on 10/21/13

So I might not get a response since it's July LOL but how did it go? Were you approved? If so, what kind of loophole did you have to go thru in order to get surgery? I have Husky A also and I am THIIIIIIS close to calling for an appt. with a surgeon!!!

Nitis17
on 7/9/13 10:02 pm - Stratford, CT

Everything went well! There are a lot of things you have to do before you get approved. With me I had no underling health issue that I was aware of, and order to get approved you have to be obese with at least 1 health issue (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apena,ect) I thought I had none. But they sent me for a sleep study and i had mild sleep apena and I was in. You have to visit a nutritionist once a month every month for 6 months and if you miss a visit you have to start over. Everything else is pretty easy. I cannot continue because I found out I was pregnant and they cannot weigh me at the nutritionist visit because I’m pregnant so it doesn’t count. As soon as I have the baby I can start my visits over. Hoped this help let me know if you need any help or have questions. Good luck! kiss

Jenn C.
on 7/9/13 11:45 pm - Naugatuck, CT
RNY on 10/21/13

Congrats on the baby! That's def a blessing since you'd have to wait two years to even think of getting pregnant! 

That doesn't seem difficult at all! I'm actually searching for a new PCP today so hopefully I can get the ball rolling since my SO wants to do it too! I'm excited!!!!

Diva46
on 7/7/14 4:25 am - WATERTOWN, CT

Hi Jen

I saw your post and I was wondering how you made out since I also have Husky A insurance and I am looking at weight loss surgery recommended by my PCP. My only contributing factor is my sleep apnea.

Most Active
Recent Topics