Newbie...sort of

Katieinct
on 4/5/14 4:42 am - Milford, CT
RNY on 12/19/14

Hi Fellow Nutmeggers! 

I am a newbie sort of...I was here before when I had started my process of getting lap band surgery back in 2008 but right before my hospital date I got a very bad infection in the hardware in my left leg and it turned into a 5 month ordeal.  By the time I returned to work a lot had happened and many people had gotten laid off so it was not a good time to ask for another leave of absence.  It was very stressful after that and I could not get the surgery.  I was extremely disappointed in the least but in time I have found that it had to have been fate because I don't think I would have been happy with the lap band because I love veggies especially raw ones and at that time I didn't but my taste changed go figure.  I am disabled but since my motorcycle accident I have tried to live as close to a normal life as possible.  I was not supposed to be working but I wanted to and worked as long as I could.  As of August 2013, my doctors insisted I stop because my body is breaking down and I was filling with a lot of fluid and my blood pressure is too high.  Now that I am settled into an early retirement I have a lot of time on my hands to reflect and think.  My father had high blood pressure and passed away at 59 years old, I am turning 52 this year and now that I have high blood pressure I feel that I need to do something about my weight.   So I am back to start all over again.  I have managed to keep my weight close to the same as before but I just can't seem to lose weight.  After giving things a lot of thought I have decided to have the gastric bypass procedure.  I found out yesterday that I have no co-pays and could not be any happier.  I scheduled my seminar for April 21st and I cannot wait to start again.  There really are no surprises for me, I've been through the process before so now I just want to do what I need to do to get the surgery and I am hoping all my tests go well.  I know my primary doctor and my rheumatologist stands behind my 100% so that helps a lot.  I've had the same primary doctor since I was 13 years old and I don't now what I would do without him.  He supported by for the lap band surgery and he also treated my mother (who was diabetic) and my father so he is fully aware of my family history.  Well that is where I am now, sorry for the long post but I wanted to introduce myself.  I am happy to be here again and feel free to friend me!

~Kate~

Most Active
Recent Topics