Are there any people from Connecticut here?

Lily2
on 6/10/15 4:41 am

OMG yes I remember you!  Im doing pretty good, how about you?  Im going for my follow up today too!  You still on liquids?  

Glastongirl
on 6/10/15 10:00 am

I'm doing great, walking a lot, no more back pain. I start puréed foods today. 

Lily2
on 6/10/15 3:54 pm

You had the back pain too??  Mine was aweful...still have it but not as badly.  Pureed stage too, eating my first meal of vanilla yogurt.  Hows your first meal going down?

Glastongirl
on 6/10/15 4:34 pm
On June 10, 2015 at 3:54 PM Pacific Time, Lily2 wrote:

You had the back pain too??  Mine was aweful...still have it but not as badly.  Pureed stage too, eating my first meal of vanilla yogurt.  Hows your first meal going down?

First I had a scrambled egg, which was heavenly and went down fine. Then for supper I made a low fat cream of broccoli soup using fresh broccoli, onion, chicken stock and skim milk with protein added and some plain Unjury protein powder after it cooled to less than 140 deg.  I used the blender after I cooked it so it was like a smoothie. It was so good, I can't describe it. That sat well with me also.  So nice to have real food again. 

Lily2
on 6/10/15 6:18 pm

Oh your brave!  The nutritionist told me to start with yogurt for a few days.  Nurse said stay away from scrambled egg this week which was a bummer.  Aybe it has something to do with me having RNR and you a sleeve.  My pouch is small, very small

Glastongirl
on 6/10/15 6:29 pm

Yes, that must be it. My weight has not budged for 5 days straight now, so I'm hoping that will change and my body will not think it's in starvation mode. 

Lily2
on 6/10/15 7:37 pm

I didnt weigh myself since the hospital only because i knew it would drive me batty!! But now i will just once a week. Have you gone to any support meetings?

Glastongirl
on 6/11/15 7:57 am

Yes, there is one tonight I plan to attend in Hartford.  

Lily2
on 6/11/15 8:15 am

Im planning on Monday in Middlesex because its much closer to where I live.  Let me know how your doing from time to time.  

mynez
on 6/9/15 5:15 pm

Glad to know you are well. How was your overall experience with Dr. Thishler? How was your process and what other tools do you use for support? 

Most Active
Recent Topics