Recent Posts

Tammy M
on 2/28/09 8:49 am - Somers, CT
Topic: RE: Some Recent Pics
Way to go!!! You look great - congratulations and good work at working it!
Warm Regards - Tammy -
Lilypie - (dOEW)preview image

Mickey
on 2/28/09 6:03 am - Rockville, CT
Topic: RE: Some Recent Pics
Look at them GUNS!..

Don't shoot! 

You look amazing!
Hugs,
Mickey
Mickey
Richbehr
on 2/27/09 10:54 pm - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
Topic: Some Recent Pics
Here I am at work the other day
DSCI0521.jpg click to picture by Rich1960
The gym is FINALLY paying off

DSCI0528.jpg picture by Rich1960

"Death borders upon our birth, and our cradle stands in the grave. Our birth is nothing but our death begun."

sel
on 2/27/09 9:50 am - colchester, CT
Topic: RE: Now what?

Tammy, I know you may remember me, We met at a few meetings a few years ago. In April I will be 3 years post RNY. I don't regret my surgery one bit. For me it was the way to go. I have not had any physical problems and now at just about three years out I can eat most things without a problem in moderation. The only thing that I need to be vigilent about is getting in my protien and taking my vitamins and supplements... But that is a small price to pay for losing about 120lbs and feeling like a new person and getting off 4 of my seven prescription meds.

I am watching closely my ferritine levels(iron stores) and have just found out I have osteopenia and need to increase my calcium and vitamin D and get some weight bearing exercise in. (I am not one for exercise).

On the plus side I have had some PS and feel like I have a new body and am amazed at how things have changed for me.

Have any questions feel free to ask me. It is not an easy decision I know. It took me a while before I decided for RNY but for me at my age I knew I had to do something quickly to help me regain my health and lose my excess weight.

With RNY you still need to change the way we use food, the first year the weight comes off steadily then it is much harder. And this surgery is for life and the supplements and vitamins and protien needed has to be done for life along with all the blood work to watch for deficiencies.

Would I do this again, you bet, with out blinking.

All my best to you.

Sher

Tammy M
on 2/27/09 7:32 am - Somers, CT
Topic: Now what?
I liked Dr. R a lot - he wants me to have a revision from band to bypass - I've got a lot of thinking to do.. He really does not like bands - he really believes the bypass is the way to go.... I am still afraid of bypass surgery - but I now know I will never win my battle with weight without it.... so I am pretty sure that's my direction - although not positive.... so here I am just doing a lot of thinking - he said I would not have sliming and stuck food issues like I do with the band...

Anyone gone from band to bypass?
Anyone regret their bypass?

Any thoughts to help me make a decision are welcome!
Warm Regards - Tammy -
Lilypie - (dOEW)preview image

shepkatt
on 2/27/09 12:10 am, edited 2/27/09 12:11 am - Coronado, CA
Topic: BariatricTV Episode 18 - Hows abouta nicea meataballa
In Episode 18, we end our highlighting of the different bariatric surgeries by taking a look at the RNY. Then we’ll introduce you to a great site to help you track your daily food and exercise and finish things up with a some meatballs!

HIGHLIGHTS

• We start things off with a exciting announcement
  • Lets look at our final surgery, the RNY.
  • Pros and Cons of the RNY.
  • Both Lynnda and Toni had this surgery and are satisfied
  • We look at forum members recommended website for tracking exercise and food.
  • We offer up some WLS pouch friendly recipes with one thing in common…the meatball
If you haven't been to BTV yet - what are you waiting for?

Come join the fun!!

http://www.bariatrictv.com

~lynnda

globirdie
on 2/26/09 4:04 pm - Middletown , CT
RNY on 03/25/09 with
Topic: RE: looking for a support group in south eastern ct
I was wondering myself  I am in Middletown and have gone to the open support groups but I think that once I have the surgery I would like something alittle more approriate for support.

Hope all went well with your surgrey
Paula Hep
on 2/26/09 11:46 am - Windsor, CT
RNY on 09/28/05 with
Topic: RE: Therapist question.
kathy,
email me at
[email protected]

I have the phone # to give to you for Debbie Corkindale and she says for you to phone her and talk to her about it.  But, I lost your email addy and don't want to post the phone # on here.

OK?

p

Paula
330+/230/200  (originally got down to 200, but gained 30 back) :-(

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels....." (unknown)

Kathy W.
on 2/26/09 3:05 am - Enfield, CT
RNY on 01/15/08 with
Can I get the number of your sister's friend? I would go to Kim's group but the problem is that it's at night and I work.

I shall now be know as Hagatha: Queen of the queens.

Baby 7-09

Xavier Elliott born 10-5-10

Kathy W.
on 2/26/09 3:04 am - Enfield, CT
RNY on 01/15/08 with
Can you give me here #? I would have to check insurance.

I shall now be know as Hagatha: Queen of the queens.

Baby 7-09

Xavier Elliott born 10-5-10

Most Active
Recent Topics