HELP! I am freaking out!!

Jack_Fabulous
on 1/21/12 11:21 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12

I told myself that it was not real unless I got the approval. Well, I got the approval so I guess it must be real. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Frankly, I am terrified.

My surgery is just a few weeks away and I am beginning to panic about several different things.  I have been having doubts about my success and have fears about the surgery.  It is manifesting itself in me doubting my mental abilities to cope with everything.  

Because of work and family issues I was not able to go to the monthly bariatric meetings.  I am concerned that I have not built up any relationships with people who have had the surgery; people who can tell me that whatever I am experiencing is normal.  I don’t have anyone to talk me down off my ledge.  

I feel like I am going to wake up after surgery and be lost and not know what to do. I am worried that I don’t have anyone I don’t feel like I have a support network built up of people I can turn to when things get rough.  I’d be grateful for anyone who has had surgery or is about to have surgery to get to know me and help guide me through this uncharted journey.  Thank you. 

swanie76
on 1/26/12 12:52 am
FIRST, stop....breathe..Now remember why you are here.Everything you are going through is ok. Its like when someone is about to get married they start to doubt their love and rather they are ready.You are ready and obviously if you was approved you are in need. I didnt go to a support group my support was reminding myself why i needed/wanted the surgery in the first place. All the things that was difficult that shouldnt been like running and taking multiple flights of steps. they way i felt when i looked at myself in the mirror and the thought of shortening my life span its many more i can list but i hope you are getting the point.I have been on and off of of this site for years and have found much support and encouragement from many of the members. Just remember even when you feel alone you are not.

WLS 1/19/07
preop/current/drgoal/mygoal/ideal wt 
320/240/220/180/155 

Ticker 88396

Most Active