seeking new PCP -- any suggestions?

B.J.
on 8/1/11 4:45 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
I've gotta find a primary care physician and figured I'd ask you folks if there are any in Sussex County that are WLS-friendly, and by that I mean, they know how to order labwork to check iron levels and other things that a post-op should be doing on a regular basis . . .

Thanks,
BJ
Poi
on 8/8/11 5:40 am - Milford, DE
I am pre-op (surgery on 8/17) and my PCP is Dr.  Hale at Lew s Family Practice.  He is very supportive of the whole process and totally willing to help out with labwork, etc.  He said he has several patients who have had WLS.  I have been his patient for 20 years!  What I like is that he is old enough to have lots of experience, but young enough (late 40s/early 50s?) to still be interested in and keeping up with what's going on in medical/science world.  He is also a very nice man.
B.J.
on 8/8/11 7:27 am - Rehoboth Beach, DE
Thanks so much for the recommendation! It is hard to find a doctor who is WLS-friendly these days . . . my body can't absorb long-acting (extended release) meds post-surgery, and most docs I speak to about this look at me like I have two heads!

-BJ
Poi
on 8/8/11 8:40 am - Milford, DE
 No problem!  He really is great, so much so that I have stayed with him even when I went away to college, and since I have relocated to Milford.  Dr. Beebe in his office is also good, and I don't know if it is public knowledge but I do believe that one of Dr. Beebe's own children has had wls.  I don't know anything about Dr. Birch, the other doc there.
imcoreman
on 10/10/11 5:55 am, edited 10/10/11 5:55 am - MARINA DEL REY, CA
 Hey same question from my side also. I am an ibese of 230 pounds and desperately looknig for a surgeon who can help me in my cause.
http://www.chrias.com/
Most Active