An invitation to join us on Facebook

mspppants
on 3/27/11 1:39 am - Leicester, NC
A bunch of us DSers have a "closed" group on Facebook. You have to request to be let in and I'll let you in.  We are supportive and don't allow flaming.  I think the most that would show on your home page would be "OH DS Family Group"  -- nothing about any of your posts would show to your FB friends.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/home.php?sk=group_174102 532625545&ap=1

3p

ModestoK
on 3/27/11 7:04 am
Well hello Ms.3P. I'm glad to see you are alive and kicking. I've missed seeing you over here.
I don't have a FB account for several reasons, so please don't be a stranger on this forum.

Are you planning on coordinating a spring secret pal gift exchange?? WE NEED YOU.

Take care.
Kim
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

mspppants
on 3/27/11 7:17 am - Leicester, NC
aw heck, Kim, that's where the action is now, over on the fb page!  we have an exchange going on over there...

3p

ModestoK
on 3/27/11 7:44 am
Damn.   I am opposed to getting an account because the investigators at my workplace periodically check up on my co-workers' FB pages and personally because so many of the posts are inane.  I really don't care that you are standing in line at Starbucks, that your neighbor's dog is pooping on your lawn, or photos of your third cousin once removed drunk as sh*t . 

However, if that is where the DS action is going on, I may have to reconsider my stance of Facebook.

Such a dilemma.

Kim
NoMore B.
on 3/27/11 8:06 am
FYI, there are a few people who made up a Facebook account just for the OH page.  You can "hide" it from public searches. 
Janine P.
on 3/27/11 9:02 am - Long Island, NY
Kim, I'm one of the ones that made a FB Page just for the DS forum.  I used my first name and initials for my last, made everything private and voila!  I'm in the action!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/11 11:13 am - Markham, Canada
Just sent my request through :)
Frostbite25
on 3/28/11 5:58 am
Yeah you can absolutely make your facebook private. I have it so that even if you do have my Full Name and Email.. you still cannot find me. They only way you can find my page is if I send you a request to be my friend.

WLS: Total lost 260 lbs - 03/14/11 Duodenal Switch with Dr. Mitchel Roslin
PS: 02/10/14 LBL w/ Anchor cut, Long Thigh Lift, Arm Lift, Breast Lift with Dr. Francisco Sauceda

Dr. Sauceda's Patient Group - Click here to Join

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 279 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 753 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 251 views