Just past 1year anniversary..

Mykahlia
on 5/27/11 10:10 pm - Bremerton, Wa
Well I made it!!!.. its been a rough rough road to make it that year. 3 months in the hospital and another surgery to fix the problem in the surgery I had a year ago. I lost all my nutrition and my body was starving itself to death the doctors said but now we are on the right road. I have dropped 148 pounds in 1 year and 2 weeks. I went from size 32 pants to size 14 and I am still dropping. I even bought a dress that fits perfect that was an 8/10 a few weeks ago. Do I regret what I did.. well honestly at times I regret that I spent the holidays with tubes running out of me in the hospital but I dont regret the changes I see in myself and now that my nutrition is improving I am enjoying the success of the surgery more.

The Surgeon says if I can maintain my weight for 3 months they will do a tummy tuck then which will bring me down another 15 to 20 pounds. We will see!

So for all those of you who are waiting.. know that there are risks but if your willing to face the risks head on the end results are worth it for a healthier and happier life. Its always breath catching to hear someone say I cant hug you because you will break or oh my goodness your so petite.

MajorMom
on 5/27/11 10:36 pm - VA
You've been through so much but I want to wish you a happy surgiversary.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 5/27/11 10:43 pm - OKC, OK
Thanks for the update and congratulations!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/11 10:50 pm
scoob
on 5/27/11 11:29 pm - Somerset, KY
SO glad that things are starting to look up for you! So sorry that you had to go through all of this. Happy Surgiversary to you and hoping for continued good health! HUGS

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

bseelbach
on 5/28/11 12:48 am - VA
 Mykahlia,
CONGRATULATIONS! You are a super star. Having been where you were, girl, I know. I know. My surgery went really well and I am so thankful I did not have the complications you did - but was prepared for them as I was so morbidly obese with no hope of losing my 200 pounds excess weight!

Do you feel like your life has begun again? I sure did. I love the new life, it is more like the life I always dreamed about - the activity, the fun events, the not being tired, the looking good in clothes, the way it used to be. I feel so much better about myself now. 

Happy anniversary and keep up the good work. 
Thanks
Brenda
See my weight loss surgery journey - losing 193 pounds in 14 months
at: www.my-weight-loss-surgery.com follow me on Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/MyWeightLossSurgery

mylittleblackdress
on 5/28/11 1:30 am - FL
Congratulations on your surgiversary and your continued success!  Glad things have turned around for you!
Lisa
gak
on 5/28/11 11:54 am
Revision on 06/21/13

Sorry you have had a rough year. Glad things have settled down for you ! Love the pic on the turtle ! Isn't it great to be petite.. so  new and interesting ! LOL 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Diane Davis
on 5/29/11 11:19 am
Congratulations on your 1st year anniversary, and prayers for continued health and success!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
KimberlyHeidi
on 5/30/11 11:58 am - VA
 Congrats and so glad you are feeling better and getting better. Hugs!
Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views