hernia question...xposted from FB..can you tell me your experience?

zabs
on 6/1/11 4:52 am
 hey, stopping by to ask about Hernias... pretty positive I have an incisional hernia above my bellybutton. (I had DS open with Greenbaum 5 months ago and have not been a good patient re:lifting restrictions) Yes, I know I need to go to see a doctor/surgeon (duh) but I just wanted to know what yall know. I'm just wondering how I get a tummy tuck out of this :D I know that I need to see a doc to see if its an urgent matter, but I just wanted to hear from yall before I went in to consult about it. its not causing any pain or issues, just looks funny.

Thanks in advance for any advice or stories about your own experience!
Started researching the DS in Dec 2008.  2 years and one baby later(my 3rd), I'm finally switched!

Not yo business OH
on 6/1/11 7:16 am
I don't have a lot of time, as I am headed to an awards banquet for my daughter, but here is my 2 cents...

I had lap DS, but then had complications, so they opened me up from my breast bone to below my belly button. It wouldn't heal because of all the infection and was on a wound vac for 4 months. Anyway.. I now have an incisional hernia from my breastbone to my belly button. It is the size of a football! I was going to have it repaired a couple of months ago, but my insurance...BCBSNC supposedly will cover a panni if I have lost 100 pounds after 1.5 years from surgery. I actually have that in writting somewhere. My delimma is that my high weight "recorded" at DS surgeon is 243. I am at 142-144 now, and don't want to lose any more weight. That is so close to the 100 pounds that I am worried. My high weight that I have on record is 247 and I was a lot heavier than that, but didn't weight. I hope this is helpful. Please note that unless your hernia is humongous like mine, it isn't a good idea to weight on the repair. In my case, nothing can get stuck in it so my doc says it is okay to wait. Hope this helps. T

Ht: 5'7"  HW/247ish   SW/234    CW/141-145  (Over 100 pounds lost in 8 months!)    
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 274 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 748 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 250 views