Day in the life post DS question

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/11 10:46 am
Considering a crapband to DS revision.  I have read the dsfacts and would like to ask, if you wouldn't mind, what doe a typical day of eating look like?  Like, what did you eat today?  If you are a revision, how is it different from your previous WLS? 

I know it's protein first and 100g is the goal.   That's a lot.  Do you just eat hunks of meat all day???  :)

teachmid
on 7/14/11 10:54 am - OKC, OK
Take a look at the daily Bites and Vites thread that major mom (Gina) starts every evening. Folks can post what they're eating, fluid, exercise and vitamins. Some are in weight loss mode while others are maintenance. It's an accountability thread for those who participate and it kind of gives you an idea about how others eat.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

KarenFlorida
on 7/14/11 10:56 am - Orlando, FL
Check out the "bites, vites, and exercites" thread that is posted daily here on the DS forum. I read it every day. DSers post what they ate all day. I'm going to stet doing it soon myself.

Karen
Julie R.
on 7/14/11 11:10 am - Ludington, MI
 I don't post that  much on bites and vites because I think I alarm people with how much I eat.   Hell, I even alarm myself sometimes, LOL.

Here's what I ate today:

B#1    Two eggs/cheese on a low-carb tortilla
B#2    Three pieces of kielbasa (probably about 4 oz.)
L         Two more eggs scrambled with ham and cheese and some raw cauliflower
S         Thai flavored peanuts, and I'm sure I must have eaten something else, but I can't remember.
Ohhh - now I do.   A few corn chips.
D         Pork medallions sauteed with a red wine/shallot sauce (I like to cook during the summer months), pesto pea potato salad (just a little bit because potatoes fill me up) and some tossed salad
S          I made a sugar free ricotta cheesecake, and I'm waiting for it to cool enough to try a slice!

Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

teachmid
on 7/14/11 11:16 am - OKC, OK
Julia,
I'll be right over. Save a piece for me.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Julie R.
on 7/14/11 11:18 am - Ludington, MI
 Going to slice one up right now......I'll save you a piece!   I've never made it with ricotta before.   It'll pack a good protein punch for sure.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

girl81
on 10/31/22 7:22 am
On July 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM Pacific Time, Julie R. wrote:
 I don't post that  much on bites and vites because I think I alarm people with how much I eat.   Hell, I even alarm myself sometimes, LOL.

Here's what I ate today:

B#1    Two eggs/cheese on a low-carb tortilla
B#2    Three pieces of kielbasa (probably about 4 oz.)
L         Two more eggs scrambled with ham and cheese and some raw cauliflower
S         Thai flavored peanuts, and I'm sure I must have eaten something else, but I can't remember.
Ohhh - now I do.   A few corn chips.
D         Pork medallions sauteed with a red wine/shallot sauce (I like to cook during the summer months), pesto pea potato salad (just a little bit because potatoes fill me up) and some tossed salad
S          I made a sugar free ricotta cheesecake, and I'm waiting for it to cool enough to try a slice!

That doesn't sound like a lot to me.

MsBatt
on 7/14/11 11:35 am
It just so happens that TODAY, I have eaten hunks of meat all day. (*grin*)

For breakfast, I had five slices of bacon, a garden tomato, and half of a baked potato, topped with two slices of American cheese.

For lunch, I ate a couple hunks of ham, with three sweet pickles.

Afternoon snack was two sting cheese, and...a hunk of ham. (I love ham, and I baked one yesterday.)

Dinner was---can you guess? More ham, with another tomato and some watermelon.

Before I go to bed, I think I'll eat some...tomatoes and cottage cheese. (Bet you thought I was going to say ham, didn't you? *grin*)
beemerbeeper
on 7/15/11 2:00 am - AL
Oh ham.  I need ham.  Sounds so goooood.

~Becky

StephOinAZ
on 7/15/11 3:52 pm
This cracked me up, I totally thought you were going to say "ham" at the end and then when you called it, I just had to laugh.  :)  Ham does sound SUPER good right now.  On my blog I have a recipe for a ham and pea salad that is SO yummy!  I also am making some split pea and ham soup to freeze for my mushy post-op phase.  I love ham too :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 289 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 761 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 254 views