Iron...what the hell am I doing?

kirmy
on 7/16/11 3:29 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Right I've not ******g idea!  Seriously my bloods have been mental because I've got mental silly inbred Scottish Highlands blood disorders from siblings likely shagging and then breeding with sheep.  I haven't needed to supplement my iron because I thought I had haemochromatosis.  It turns out I just had a **** clinician who haemolised my sample and skewed my results.  I need iron supplementation now FINALLY! So I've bought a big batch of Tender iron but have been taking only two tablets a day.

Am I taking enough?  What should I be taking?  I know I should know this but I arrogantly assumed that I was immune from pesky iron issues.....wha whaaaa.....no such luck.

Oh my my PTH is up and I'm gobbling so much calcium that my **** is made of the same material as the cliffs of Dover.  Sigh!  It is never easy.

I'm on night duty but in the wee hoursa I'll crawl off to a computer to gage your sage advice.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/11 3:35 am - Bayonne, NJ
The tender iron didn't work for me, so I can't help you there. I was taking 8 of them at a time, 2x a day. I switched to Proferrin and after I stabilized I found I was fine with 1 a day.

kirmy
on 7/16/11 3:41 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Bugger. 16 a day!  **** me.....16 a day.........that's two lots of 8!   I already burp up the equivalent of ingested plastic bags after taking two.  I'll be septic peg after 16.

KarenFlorida
on 7/17/11 12:59 pm - Orlando, FL
I just want to say that I sympathize totally! I'm choking down the five orange footballs at 5am! Your "cliffs of Dover" and "ingested plastic bag" analogies were right on! You crack me up.

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

yorkieGal
on 7/18/11 12:35 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Kirms, get some Proferrin,so much easier to tolerate(no iron burps) plus you can take it anytime, with anything...have it delivered to me and anything else you want as I'm coming back to uk at the end of next month and can bring it with me and post it you when i get there....cheaper than the shipping!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

kirmy
on 7/18/11 1:30 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I'm gonna snog you when we finally meet!!

Thar sounds awesome...I think I still have your addy somewhere.  Thanks I hope you don't mind the bother.  What is your proferrin regime?

p.s. just ordered a HEAP of delicious autumn clothes off H&M on-line....you'll be in hog heaven when you get to the high street.....oh and I want a plastics update!!!

yorkieGal
on 7/18/11 1:34 am - Clermont, FL
hey sweetie, I was taking one a day but I am going to up it to 2 a day as my iron was the low end of normal. No burps, constipation, nothing...its fab!!

I did a number on Primark and H&M when I was in London...I think BA  assumed my luggage was due to the fact I had a small person folded up inside my two huge suitcases.....nope!! just cheapy clothes from Primark, pea****s and H&M...gotta love disposable fashion lol!!

No bother, just send it to me and i'll bring it over in august and mail it to you ..no probs!!

Snog right back atcha! xx

Yorkie x

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

KarenFlorida
on 7/18/11 7:32 am - Orlando, FL
Speaking of iron burps, I told someone today that I felt like I had swallowed a bag of hot nickels. That was my best description. Now, I know that it is normal!

Karen
Elizabeth N.
on 7/16/11 3:37 am - Burlington County, NJ
Just go get infused. Are you taking the chewable 25 mg or the 60 mg with C and stuff?

kirmy
on 7/16/11 3:40 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
NO! Plus it is really hard on the NHS to get infusions without first jumping through the evil NHS suppliments route.  I may as well chop out my anus now and get a good bag.

I'm on the 60 with C.

p.s. send sirloin.

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 363 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views