Going for revision RNY to DS

dana712
on 7/16/11 2:04 am
Hi all

I will be having my revision with Dr K. in California on Wednesday. What should I bring with me to the hospital?

Thanks Dana
teachmid
on 7/16/11 2:29 am - OKC, OK
1. Wear loose clothes to the hospital so you can wear the same thing when discharged.
2. Lip balm/chapstick
3. I took my toothbrush and paste and a small container of my shampoo
4. I took my iPhone and charger

I think that's about all I took for me. DH had a small bag for himself.

Best wishes on a smooth surgery. I'll be looking forward to your updates.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

dana712
on 7/16/11 2:34 am
Hi Gail

Thank You. Do you have two drains in your stomach when you are discharged. And when does the Dr. take them out.

Thanks
Dana

teachmid
on 7/16/11 3:42 am, edited 7/16/11 3:42 am - OKC, OK
Just like Yahuda said, 2 drains and a j-tube. He took my drain out at about 10 days more or less. The feeding tube (j-tube) came out at 6 weeks and I did it myself after talking with him on the phone, you will have a real hard time finding someone else to take it out. A couple of folks tried their PCP, ER docs and a surgeon without any luck. BTW, it came out easily without any pain.

-Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/11 3:02 am
On July 16, 2011 at 9:04 AM Pacific Time, dana712 wrote:
Hi all

I will be having my revision with Dr K. in California on Wednesday. What should I bring with me to the hospital?

Thanks Dana
You will have two drains and a j-tube. If I remember correctly, my drains were taken out after 10 days, or maybe it was 2 weeks. My j-tube was taken out after a month, but it could be up to 6 weeks. I think it all depends on how you're doing.

best wishes with your revision
dana712
on 7/16/11 3:10 am
Thank you . I live in NYC so I will have to find a doctor to take the tube out.
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/11 3:14 am - Bayonne, NJ
Take baby wipes, too!

trxxyy
on 7/16/11 3:43 pm - Orange County, CA
I second the chapstick/lip balm.  I also brought an extension cord for my phone which was a life saver since the outlets in the room (I was in Delano) were far away from the bed and chair. Two things I wish I would have brought were a sleep mask and ear plugs.

kjfras
on 7/17/11 1:17 am - North Lauderdale, FL
I'm soooooo happy for you Dana!  FINALLY this is happening for you!

1. Wear very comfy clothes with a shirt that buttons up the front.  I wore the same thing when I was discharge that I did when I checked in.
2. I brought toiletries - little travel sizes of shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste/toothbrush, deoderant and pads since I got my period which is very common!  They will REQUIRE you to take a shower before you leave (it feels like heaven tho!) so if you use your own things I found it made me feel pampered.
3. Cell phone and charger - brought the laptop but didn't use it but my Mom did.
4. Lipbalm or blistex as your lips will dry out ALOT

Good luck girlie.  I'll be praying for a smooth surgery and a great recovery for you.

See you on the Darkside!!!

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 147 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views