Eating Disorder - Yeah, I have one

Janine P.
on 7/21/11 7:25 am - Long Island, NY
A lot is "wrong" in my life.  I won't bore you with details but here's my abbreviated list:

- My home life sucks and I need out but...
- I can't afford to move out because...
- I'm not done with my degree yet, so...
- I can't get a higher paying job 
- The job I do have is far from challenging and they treat me like a hamster on a wheel

My hormones are going nuts.  I have been spotting for a week even though I finished my period 2 weeks ago.  

And this isn't a new situation; I've been living with this for a long time now and I might have hit my breaking point because I'm so close to telling off anyone in my life that looks at me the wrong way.

I'm binging. I was alright the whole morning but around 3pm, I ate 3 ice cream sandwiches. 

I booked another session with my therapist tonight.  

Why am I posting this?  Because I need any flippin' help I can get and if you've gone through this, please post something to me to let me know that I am not the only girl in the world going through this. 

If you're going to food police me and tell me how I'm self sabotaging myself (**** I already know) just STFU right now and don't post.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

MajorMom
on 7/21/11 7:41 am - VA
(((((Janina)))))   I hate that you feel so trapped. Talking it out is a good thing.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Janine P.
on 7/21/11 7:53 am - Long Island, NY
You used the perfect word: Trapped.  I feel trapped.

I need the hugs.  Thank you!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

bookfaerie
on 7/21/11 7:58 am
 I am totally not the food police, but if it helps any, I find if I force myself to eat what I know I should, before I try to eat what I know I shouldn't, I simply don't have room for more. Does that make sense? I hope your world hits a place of calm soon. ((((Hugs))))
 "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." Ralph Waldo Emerson    
Janine P.
on 7/21/11 10:37 am - Long Island, NY
It does make sense but I honest to god feel like I don't have the strength to say  "wait a second..." to the bad foods.  I just don't have control.  Thank you for responding.  I appreciate the hugs.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

teachmid
on 7/21/11 8:06 am - OKC, OK
Janina,
I have no words of wisdom, but I'm sending you cyber {{{{HUGS}}}}.
at various times in my life I have felt trapped too.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Janine P.
on 7/21/11 10:38 am - Long Island, NY
Thank you Gail.  I appreciate the support.  You're a true friend.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

_Leslie_
on 7/21/11 8:07 am - Franklin, WI

I bet your hormones are playing a bigger part in this than you realize..

hormone dump? perhaps you will be losing a chunk of weight... that always happened to me...

I TOTALLY understand about feeling stuck..  keep pushing girl.. your hard work will pay off... and don't be so hard on yourself!!!

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      
                                   Surgery Date: July 30, 2010                      

Janine P.
on 7/21/11 10:39 am - Long Island, NY
Yeah you're 100% right.  I got off the phone with my therapist tonight and she said the same thing; that I beat myself up waaaaay too much.  I wish I could stop doing it all together but it's a process and a slow one at that.  Thanks for the hugs!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Imissthe80s
on 7/21/11 8:08 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
You need some peace in your soup.  Remember to breathe and take a step back whenever you feel an urge to put the smack down on someone.  I often think to myself, This too shall pass. 

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 95 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 648 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views