Labs Posted. Any advice?

determineddanni
on 7/20/11 11:50 am
Ok so all my labs are within 'normal' range. I am a very lucky person to be so healthy but I know you ladies and gents like to exceed above and beyond on your labs. Is there anything I should work on getting higher before surgery?
I know I need to get my vit D up, I am struggling to getting it up fast enough. It took me months to get to that level lol, which is still low. My doctor told me to back off of it now that I am in normal range. Pffffttt yea right! Totally getting that baby higher!
(also my triglyceride is low, but I hear that is common with autoimmune diseases? I do have hashimoto's disease which is a autoimmune disorder.... has anyone heard of this before)

Glucose                                   91       (65-99)
Creatinine Serum                      1       (.60-1.30)
BUN                                         13      (7-20)
Calcium                                   8.9      (8.5-10.5)
Alk Phos Serum                     105      (50-136)
SGOT (AST)                            13      (5-40)
SGPT (ALT)                             26      (5-50)
Total Protein                            7.9      (6.4-8.2)
Albumin                                 4.10      (3.4-5)
Cholesterol                             154      (100-200)
Triglyceride                               43      (30-200)
HDL                                           52      (39-96)
LDL                                        93.4       (80-130)
CHOL/HDL Ratio                        3      
Sodium                                   139       (136-145)
Potassium Serum                    4.4       (3.5-5.1)
Chloride Serum                       104      (98-107)
CO2                                           21      (21-32)
Bilirubin, Total                           .30      (.20-1)
Vitamin D                                   37      (30-80)
(deactivated member)
on 7/20/11 12:30 pm - Yorktown, VA

Totally keep on the D!  37 is still low.

You could also up your calcium IMO.

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/11 9:46 pm
You have one vitamin listed (D). You need A, E, K, Bs, PTH.  Your D is low, but is it trending up from  last lab set?  Hashimoto's is autoimmune against the thyroid hormones. Has nothing to do with triglyceride.

How about iron, ferritin and transferin?

I'm still waking up, forgive me if I missed some of the important things.

The vets will chime in soon.

Hugs,
Ratkity
determineddanni
on 7/21/11 3:17 am
These are all the labs I have at this point but I will ask for those labs when I am in next month :) I am taking A LOT of vitamins as is already but more can't hurt! I know I need to keep up Vit D and get calcium Vit's. Should I pick up any others? I am taking womens one a day and fish oil as well as vit d.

I just can't be thankful enough my labs are decent. Damn well should be I eat very well... just don't see any results. Well.... at least in body image but my labs show it !!!

I will have to post another topic and ask what a good list a vit's i can start just for pre op:)
vitalady
on 7/21/11 10:32 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
how much of which D?

I agree you need more calc, but may as well do it right and just get calcium citrate now.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

no_more_rolls
on 7/21/11 12:33 am, edited 7/21/11 12:36 am - Jackson, MI
I have autoimmune diseases too....hashimoto's and lupus, and my triglycerides were high pre-op (250).  I've been told the opposite about triglycerides being low in patients with auto-immune diseases since you have increased cardiac risks (lupus specifically).  Triglycerides are part of your cholesterol...and imo they look great!  Hashimoto's is thyroid related, so you would want to look at your TSH, T3, T4, antibodys , etc. instead for that...and you do not have those labs posted.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

determineddanni
on 7/21/11 3:12 am

I was browsing online and saw a lady had posted something saying that it was why triglycerides were low. It didn't seem right so I immediatly questioned it. So I have heard from two of ya so far saying its false.

My hashimoto's is take very good care of by my new endocrinologist. He is trying to keep upping my dose to keep up with my thyroid slowly giving out. So I have been rollercoastering with the TSH levels but it will get better :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views