Weird symptoms, any ideas?

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 2:40 pm
 I am a little over 5 months out, I have had no complications. So for the past few week, I have been having these weird episodes, not really sure how to describe them.  I see my pcp on Monday.  So my day starts out normal feeling fine, then when it gets about time for mid day snack, I feel like my hearing starts to echo in my ears and when I talk I hear it as sounding like I have a speech problem,and my head feels a little buzzy. It goes away within like 15 mins of eating or drinking. I thought maybe low blood sugar or low blood pressure but checked both when this feeling hits and both are normal. Any ideas? My son who has a great ear for music and tone can tell when one of these episodes is coming he said he can hear it in my voice...
Julie R.
on 7/21/11 2:50 pm - Ludington, MI
 Hmm......I have early onset sensorineural hearing loss, and that sounds like what happens to me when I go in and out of phases of tinnitus (ringing in my ears).    It's like all of a sudden, something clicks in my ears, and I get this buzzing sound in my head.   My voice sounds "tinny" to me.    I'm not sure if my voice sounds any different to anybody else though.   I'm glad you're seeing your PCP, and if everything else checks out with him, consider seeing an ENT/audiologist for a hearing check.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 3:20 pm
 Thanks for replying Julie. I think what my son hears is me hesitating because my voice echos back.  I was hoping when I posted this for some idea, because I have never experienced anything like it and don't know how to describe it.  I will definitely ask for a referral for ENT. Im gonna google it too.
airbender
on 7/21/11 7:27 pm
call your health care professional as ringing in the ears can have a pathological origin....
hope2011
on 7/21/11 11:34 pm
Wow...I have never asked about this on OH, but I have been having a similar thing going on.  I had surgery almost 6 months ago, so we are just about the same post-op.  Mine actually started a couple of weeks post-op.  I sometimes feel like my left ear is plugged up.  There is no ringing, but there is that annoying echo and soundling like you are under water. I, too, have a problem with talking when its happening - it's hard to tell how loud I am talking and I feel awkward when I talk.  The usual remedies - yawning, chewing gum, holding your nose and "blowing" - don't seem to help.  It isn't all the time. I asked my surgeon about it early out, and he said it was probably from having the NG tube after surgery.  I went with that thought, but its been a long time now.  I have my 6 month visit in a couple of weeks, but have been thinking about making an appointment with my PCP. I have been otherwise healthy since surgery and havent seen my PCP since my last pre-op with him in December. Let us know what your PCP says on Monday. 

Sue
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 11:58 pm
I sometimes feel like my left ear is plugged up.  There is no ringing, but there is that annoying echo and soundling like you are under water. I, too, have a problem with talking when its happening - it's hard to tell how loud I am talking and I feel awkward when I talk. 

This describes it perfectly! Mine is both ears which is very annoying.  When I asked about it (early on, it happened a few times my first month) my pcp said could be dehydration, but  the past week it is more frequent. When you ask your pcp would you let me know what he/she says just to compare notes. and I will do the same.
Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 82 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 82 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 642 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views