A question for the HADS group.

Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 7:37 am - Burlington County, NJ
Who started this group and when? Who is responsible for content, scheduling etc.?

I have heard conflicting reports about it having been started by a health care professional who is deeply interested in the care of DS patients.

Please clarify.

Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 10:30 am - Burlington County, NJ
bump

stormy918
on 8/1/11 1:27 pm, edited 8/1/11 1:30 am
Julie and I started HADS...Houston area DS support group, way back last summer. It started with 4-5 DSers and has grown some by word of mouth. We meet to eat..cause we are DSers and we can LOL, we address any issue or concern. There are 2 vets 3yrs out plus a couple very smart folks and if we dont know the answer we will find it. We have talked about having a surgeon visit with us at some point but thats not set in stone. We are not affiliated with any surgeon or hospital and I like it better this way. All DSers are welcome regardless of who did their surgery. We just enjoy the company and support we can give each other.

Darlene    DS ..9-19-06
OFFICIAL ANGEL
Kryst.......6-27-07
KellyKirk........8-6-07  now our DS FOREVER ANGEL....I will always remember
BettyBoop.....2-26-08
Jewel506...5-26-10
Ragamuffin...9-29-10
185# gone forever

jewel506
on 8/1/11 1:33 pm - Houston, TX

Yep!  We meet, eat and talk!!  It's a great group!  

There is no set "content"..... more of a social group.  We do talk about our DS as well as labs, eating issues, etc....  just like all DSers do when they get together.  :-)

What "clarification" do you need?

I would assume our group is like any other DS group across the country.

Julie

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” - Plato
Stormy 918 is my Angel         Angel to DarcyMad, MizCharlottekmg9122,  Staceeann dianeys73/Diane Davis
HW 258.5 /SW 250 /GW 140 /CW 125

Elizabeth N.
on 8/1/11 1:52 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I just wanted to know who started it is all. A certain newcomer to your group who did not have the DS is reported to have laid claim to that honor. This befuddled me, as I was quite certain that Stormy was the driving force (didn't think about you in the context of the befuddled moment *g*).

Thank you for clarifying. One does wonder about necomers at times.

stormy918
on 8/1/11 1:58 pm
Our only rule is DSers Only...no bands or rnys...just good ol; DSers.

Darlene    DS ..9-19-06
OFFICIAL ANGEL
Kryst.......6-27-07
KellyKirk........8-6-07  now our DS FOREVER ANGEL....I will always remember
BettyBoop.....2-26-08
Jewel506...5-26-10
Ragamuffin...9-29-10
185# gone forever

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 297 views