Wish me luck at the grill!

Elizabeth N.
on 8/11/11 9:35 am - Burlington County, NJ
If this works well I just might get one of these gadgets for myself. My grill lid probably isn't tall enough to accomodate a whole chicken, but the oven might function barely enough to make it happen. I really need a new stove....

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 9:41 am - Beverly, NJ
And when you do I'm coming to visit!  :)
Elizabeth N.
on 8/11/11 9:50 am - Burlington County, NJ
LOL! Find me a very cheap electric stove in good shape to replace the early 1970's era one I have and I will cook you all the pig candy and other DSer goodies your little heart desires. (I suppose I should just shop Craigslist, but Mr. EN is leery of that.)  I'll even make you my extra special loaded with 40% butterfat heavy cream chocolate mousse!

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 10:13 am - Beverly, NJ

See don't tempt me.  I've heard marvelous things about your pig candy and other ds delicacies. I can find you a cheap new stove.  :) 

Have you been to the Habitat for Humanity store in Moorestown?  Home goods (everything from appliances to paint) for over 50% off and they deliver!  All of the proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity.  Their items have been either donated or left over from recent builds.  The had a blow out sale to clean out the store a few months ago and I saw stoves go for as little as 100 dollars. 

Oh and I get a new car next month AND we're moving to South Jersey (Chesilhurst) SO I can really go see you now :)

Elizabeth N.
on 8/11/11 10:19 am - Burlington County, NJ
WHERE in Moorestown? I've been to the one in Freehold but had no idea there was one in Moorestown.

Hey, you got friends who got friends, right? Find me a stove and I'll love you forever :-p.

Ooooo. Chesilhurst. That's almost as close to the end of the world as it gets in NJ. It's also rather further away from me than where you are now, but no problem. They have a good fall wine/cranberry party.

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 10:24 am - Beverly, NJ
Habitat for Humanity in Moorestown:
http://www.facebook.com/HabitatBCNJ
Ok so it says their address is Cinnaminson, I say it's matter of prospective.  It's on Taylors lane :)

I'm starting my stove search now.  Actually this kind of thing is easy for me.  I have tons of friends in real estate and half of them are investors so they always find the good stuff :)  But I'm telling you check out HFH  It's your best bet :)

I fell in love with Chesilhurst.  It's so remote.  My mom lives right down the street ( 3 blocks) from the winery, we're getting a place just a few blocks from her.  But I'll have a new car so I can travel!  :)
Elizabeth N.
on 8/11/11 10:51 am - Burlington County, NJ
No need to travel. Just gimme a power outlet and something to pad my boney ass while I sleep (outlet is for CPAP) and a bottle or two of something white from the winery. I'll bring the food.

Ah, Cinnaminson. Meh, it's all Moorestown until it's Camden.

lwoznick
on 8/11/11 12:51 pm - Green Bay, WI
Oh my God, that chocolate mousse sounds heavenly! I know it will be a while post surgery before I'll be able to try something like that....but when I can would you be willing to share your recipe with me? Yum! Does it cause a great deal of DS "intestinal distress" afterward or does the cream balance the carbs out? Where do you find all of these delicious recipes? I've had the beer can chicken before but DS chocolate recipes.....now you've got my attention!
Elizabeth N.
on 8/11/11 1:12 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Well, sweets are variable for everyone, so I can't promise anything. This doesn't bug me a bit.

I like my mousse more pudding like. Some people want it REALLY firm. This is adapted from a Rocky Road recipe (made with angelfood cake, marshmallows, mousse done lots firmer than this and toasted pecans).

1. Set 24 oz. total of good semisweet chocolate to melting over a double boiler. Like 2 12 oz. packages of good chips, or however you choose to arrive at a pound and a half of good chocolate. DO NOT SKIMP on goodness. Chocolate snob here.

2. Separate three eggs. Beat the whites nice a stiff and beat in half a cup of sugar.

3. Beat the yolks to super frothy paleness. Drop in a bit of vanilla while beating if you wish.

4. Whip 1-1/2 to 2 cups of the heaviest whipping cream you can find (preferably 40%) nice and stiff. More cream means less stiffness to the mousse, but also slightly less intense chocolate flavor.

5. Stir the melted chocolate, let it cool a minute or two. Then stir a little chocolate into the yolks at a time to temper the yolks, Work in all the chocolate to the yolks.

6. Fold in egg whites and then whipped cream. Put in a bowl or mold and chill thoroughly.

lwoznick
on 8/12/11 12:18 am - Green Bay, WI

Thanks so much for sharing that, Elizabeth! Can't wait to try it out!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 148 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views