How much do you spend a month on vitamins??

StacyAnn07
on 8/24/11 1:11 pm - Del City, OK
I know everyone is different I'm just looking for an AVERAGE cost per month. If you wouldn't mind sharing your info with me I sure would appreciate it!

J G.
on 8/24/11 1:46 pm
Stacy Ann, I know this isn't the answer you are looking for, but I never really calculated it because I was sooo happy not to be spending $ on medicine for diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol pain,  etc.  And also not putting that junk into my body anymore.  The money spent on my health is so worth it.  Plus I have had only one tiny cold in three years, my psoriasis is gone and my hair grows like crazy!
AmandaID
on 8/24/11 1:55 pm, edited 8/24/11 1:55 pm - Shoshone, ID
 I only buy my vitamins every two or three months .... but spend $100 to $150 each time I order. Although I do buy a few more than some people, and the 50,000IU Dry D3 costs more than everything else. I buy almost everything through vitacost.com, and the few I can't get through there I order from amazon.

Amanda in ID
DS ~ Dec. 7, 2005, with Dr. Marchesini in Curitiba, Brazil
sw289/lw135/gw137/cw150
PS ~ June 6 & 19, 2008, with Dr. Kuster, Vila Velha, Brazil
check out my website at http://myweb.cableone.net/aeller5/DS/default.htm

elixir
on 8/24/11 2:26 pm - MI
 I ordered my vitamins through Vitalady. The DS starter package is just over $300 and I think it's about a three month supply.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Mdae
on 8/24/11 3:52 pm
I can easily spend $100 a month.  i tend to buy more than 1 month's supply at a time, but i think it works out to around that much.  and you can always (might even say should) spend more.  what i mean by that, is...  i should drink more protein shakes than i do, for example, i should maybe take more biotin, or up my probiotics (those are expensive buggers!)......  but so long as my labs look decent, that's why i try to go by.

Janet P.
on 8/24/11 8:21 pm
I get all my vitamins from Vitalady. The probiotic I take is pretty expensive (Primal Defense Ultra) and also an organic fiber every day (both from Amazon). Just got a Vitalady order yesterday - approx three-month supply that was just over $300.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

StacyAnn07
on 8/24/11 8:35 pm - Del City, OK
Thank you guys!! My grandmother was trying to inform me that my vitamins will be OVER 1500 a month. I knew that couldn't be true, but wanted to double check!!

Elizabeth N.
on 8/25/11 12:14 am - Burlington County, NJ
Your grandmother is pulling numbers out of....

ann M.
on 8/24/11 10:28 pm - Northern, VA
For me...I'm a lazy shopper and don't necessarily hunt sales...I can count on about $130 per month for bariatric needs.  I buy the majority of my vitamins and protein powder from Vitalady.  If I order a 3 month supply for me plus protein powder, it gets me to the $300 mark so I can get free shipping.  My main expense is iron.  I spend pretty close to half my budget on that.

I buy calcium and my multivitamin at whatever grocery / dept store I happen to be at.  I usually buy the store brand of the Centrum Silver and Citracal.

I just don't see how you could spend close to the amount that was quoted to you.

SW / BMI / SIZE:  312 / 49.5 / 26-28W         CW / BMI / SIZE:  159.1 / 25.1/ 10-12 
I need to lose about 2 more pounds for a normal BMI .  I still seem to be slowly losing at over 2 yrs out...so may get there yet.

Elizabeth N.
on 8/25/11 12:13 am - Burlington County, NJ
Between $40 and $50 averaged across a year.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 264 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views