Angel Report on Sherry (Sher's Journey)

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 5:35 am - Beverly, NJ
Glad she's doing well! I would imagine that I would be disappointed too however our health has to come first. Thank goodness she had a surgeon who understands that too.

Thanks for the update!
Diane Davis
on 8/25/11 5:42 am
So happy to hear she has come out of surgery OK.  She will be disappointed, but once she realizes her life is better as a result of it, she'll be OK.

I had to have a longer common channel than I wanted due to my large fatty liver.  Dr Inman felt she would risk my life by making it shorter, so she did what she felt was best for me.

You have to appreciate surgeons who take your health first!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
SweetnessandGrace
on 8/25/11 6:12 am - ID
Better safe than sorry!  I'm sure she will have some positive results from the first part of her surgery.  Tell her best wishes for a boring recovery!

HEAVEN IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GO TO MEET ALL THE DOGS YOU HAVE LOVED.

gak
on 8/25/11 11:00 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Thanks Julie ,

Good to read the update ! Hope she is not too disappointed when she becomes aware. She will lose a lot with the VSG in a year.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

J G.
on 8/25/11 3:43 pm
Julie, please send Sherry my best and reassure her that she will do well with her VSG!  We would all like everyone to get  the full DS bing- bang, but it can't always happen realistically. I am glad she is safely out of surgery and doing well.  -Jenny
elixir
on 8/25/11 5:25 pm - MI
 Good to hear that she's doing well. I hope she has a speedy recovery. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

ShersJourney
on 8/26/11 9:43 am, edited 8/26/11 9:44 am
Hi all!
Quick input considering my usual wordiness.

I didn't put out a renegade post yesterday because yes, I was disappointed but I'm grateful to Dr. K for continuing to put my health first.  It was nothing either of us did wrong, it's just unfortunate that the liver was so enlarged but the right thing was done and I'm ok with it now.  

Now I just have to unlearn 4 years of nutritional info. until next year and learn about this sleeve!  Hopefully the lovely Miss Julie will keep her wings for the next phase of this :)

My pain is about a 5 unless I'm moving much like initially standing or sitting up then we shoot to an 8.  I'm off the pump now, on Lortab, and taking some gas drops that are helping less than I'd  like.

Sleep has been my biggest deficit, it seems whenever I sleep someone comes in or an alarm goes off.  My longest solid sleep was last night from 2:30 - 4am when the lab came in.

My upper GI was excellent and I've had about 6 oz of Unjury today.

That's about all I can muster for now, but I'm grateful for all of your well wishes.
Best,
Sherry

Julie R.
on 8/26/11 12:41 pm - Ludington, MI
 Hi Sherry - I wanted to bump this post to the top of the list so that others would see how you're doing.      I hope you continue to improve with your pain level.    Do you think you're going home tomorrow?   Give me a call if you feel up to it - I'll be on the road most of the day, heading back up to Ludington after getting my youngest moved into her dorm room.

Hugs!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

KRWaters
on 8/26/11 5:22 pm - Manteca, CA
Hi Sherry, so glad to see you finally got your surgery, or the first part anyway. I thought of you this past weekend when i was in Michigan and pictured you moving to the other side of the state to be near some good surgeons. I really think you will fare well with this first part and keep everyone informed of your status. I have not been coming here often, but read in once in a while.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 246 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 732 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views