Share your Labor Day Wows.

ModestoK
on 9/6/11 3:36 am, edited 9/6/11 4:41 am
So I'm totally tooting my own horn, but I thought I'd share a couple of Wow moments I had this weekend. I was out of town part of last week and through last night working on the Operations crew of the Pleasanton CA Highland Games as I have done for the past several years.
First, a few of the guys whom I haven't seen since last year didn't know who I was. One of the retired marines I've always worked around asked my buddy who the cute new girl was.

Second, I got a sized large shirt this year and it was too big. I swam in my sweatshirt from last year that was sized 2XL so much that I ended up taking it off because it kept getting caught while I was working.

Third, in the past the guys knew I was strong and could handle myself - this year they kept asking if I was okay and trying to lend me a hand because I'm no longer built like an industrial sized brick ****house. Evidently being a normal sized made them realize I was a girl. They evidently thought that am now a delicate flower who can't handle tools... and wouldn't let me go off in a cart by myself during night time teardown. Kinda funny, cause last year I did the work & heavy lifting with the guys without much concern, and they would send me solo to retrieve tools or more manpower when needed. It is even funnier when you consider I am still 180 pounds and a size 14-12 - not exactly tiny. Should be really fun next year if I have lost even more! (Last year - "Hey Kimmie, grab me those cattle panels (55 # each) - next year "Are you sure you can lift that C-clamp all by yourself??")

Finally, totally unrelated to the Games themself, but I wrapped a normal sized hotel towel all the way around myself - that hasn't happened in years and years.

How about you all - any exciting weekend wows???
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

Julie R.
on 9/6/11 3:51 am - Ludington, MI

It's an interesting phenomenon, how, when we shrink in size, guys start popping out of the woodwork to help us "delicate flowers" out.   I've literally had men run across the street to help me carry heavy loads, LOL.    At first I felt rather righteously indignant about this sudden surmisal that I was helpless.  Now, I'm spoiled by it.    I've lost so much upper body strength (and really DO need to work on building it) that I'll look around to see if there's someone to help me with a load before actually doing it myself.   

Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Heather E.
on 9/6/11 8:42 am
I'm totally with ya there, Julie - I've lost a ton of upper body strength, too, so now I *have* to ask for help.  But no one acts like, "Jeez, why can't you just do it yourself?" now - all the guys at work totally jump in to give me a hand, usually before I even have to ask.

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140

Heather E.
on 9/6/11 8:43 am
Since I did pretty much nothing yesterday, my only real "wow" was that I have apparently started losing weight again, at 18 months out, after having been stable for the past 7 months.  Gotta love this DS thing!!

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140

NoreenRT
on 9/6/11 11:30 am - Warner Robins, GA
i did something that i have wanted to do forever. 
nephew has a 4 wheel atv.  he took me for a ride in the woods.  we jumped ravines, rode over tree trunks, did "donuts" in the mud and flat out raced.  it was so much fun.  i proudly wear my tired sore butt over the fun i had.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

gak
on 9/6/11 12:05 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Congrats on your day of WOWs... our day was BORING, filled with tropical storm Lee, power off and on and internet off and on... so nothing much happened. Could not even grill out due to the heavy rains.

Made up for it today by cleaning up branches and working in the yard before work. I was up at 4 a.m. and I am getting tired. Going to crash real soon !   Could of never done all this pre-op ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 360 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views