lab order question

Twi light
on 9/25/11 4:05 am - NY
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AU46vLsRDC9rZGhranhtcXpfOGNxcDk2c2c0&hl=en

based on this google doc, things in the second group, is the first time i do them at 1 year mark ator do i do everything at 3 month mark  and then redo group 2 at 1 year mark

tomorrow i am going for my 1st follow up- i am about 2.5 months, so i will ask for lab orders and i will be asking for a Dexa Scan and RX Proferrin Forte.

Here are some questions regarding Dexa Scan, do surgeons usually give a hard time regarding you wanting this? I wonder how much of a battle it will be to get this. Then the Proferrin, does there have to blood work that suggests I need the proferrin or can i just can an RX for it? I take 300 of polysachride and 2 bifera a day, it is cheaper for me to get a proferrin RX.

vitalady
on 9/25/11 6:32 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
when i wrote that list, i was thinking of long termers, so years of history upon which to build

i'd go ahead and get the whole list each time for a few years, then once/yr on the 2nd group The 1st group always

and even as I say that, i'm re-thinking having the group split

your serum iron, CBC and ferritin will dictate how much iron you need. your surgery has already dictate THAT you need it

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Twi light
on 9/25/11 7:50 am - NY
Thank you so much, ill go ahead and just combine everything into one list for my DS binder of information.

Thanks again.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 296 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 768 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views