Another 10% bone loss - so talk to me about osteoporosis treatments

Julie R.
on 11/10/11 8:15 pm - Ludington, MI
 My A is good - I take 100 k iu a day - and my A is just into the lower end of the normal range.   I really think it's my K and copper deficiencies.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

LindyLoo
on 11/15/11 6:10 am - Upstate, SC
Yes, I have K, copper & zinc checked yearly. Have always been ok except zinc was a bit low last year and I supplemented and got it back up in 3 months. All tested fine this past time.
Don't think we've ever done osteocalcium or protein c. I'll have to ask. But serum calcium & PTH are always good, so I was shocked at the rotten Dexa.
Hoping the Boniva and increased calcium citrate/mag/D (from Vitalady) will raise my numbers - and hoping my ins will pay for a new Dexa in just a year. Internist commented that many fight repeat scans. Oy.

My Mom's mental health is fraying this week, so I havent even called about the MRI. I'm hoping we're not looking at another inpatient stretch for her. But it may well be time.

So I'm stressed and a total sugar ****! Trying to talk myself into burning of stress via exercise instead. Intellectually I'm all over it... LOL

Lindy
 sw 286/  cw 180ish  BMI 28
Thank God for the DS! It saved my life, literally & figuratively! 

Julie R.
on 11/15/11 6:34 am - Ludington, MI
 Usually they won't fight repeat scans if your numbers are off somewhere - DEXA, PTH, D, etc.
I'm sorry to hear about your high stress level.   WIth the time change and winter approaching, I have totally lost my appetite for anything remotely approaching healthy in the evenings.   Exercise after work?   Pffft.   I've got to start doing something.    I'm a sloth in the winter.   At least teaching music and conducting choirs is physically active - it's the only exercise I'd get!

Sorry about your mom - I feel for ya!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 283 views
calcium/protein