Self Pay prices in the US

Ding-E-Girl
on 10/5/11 10:54 am - MS
     Who is the most reputable,  less expensive self pay ds surgeon in the US?   And what is the price?   I have confused myself with all the searching and reading and calling so I thought I would ask on here .    I hate to resort to another country if I dont have to but geezzz this is hard !!     I am finding myself addicted to all the research and its hard to really know just who is good,  and most reasonable all at the same time !!!
teachmid
on 10/5/11 10:58 am - OKC, OK
I think Dr. Daryl Stewart in Denton, TX may have some of the best prices. Check his website.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Ding-E-Girl
on 10/5/11 11:06 am - MS
     Thank you.   I have called and checked with Dr Stewart and he has been the least so far at 25,000.     Then Dr Aceleves office in Mexico quoted me 14,500 and they said that Dr Urgson comes to their hospital to preform with Dr Aceleves on the DS.    Im scared.     Not sure what to do.    Do I save 10,000 and go to Mexico or spend the extra 10,000 with Stewart ??   
Elizabeth N.
on 10/5/11 12:31 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Both Greenbaum and Kemmeter are less than $25K.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/5/11 12:57 pm - Tuvalu
On October 5, 2011 at 6:06 PM Pacific Time, Ding-E-Girl wrote:
     Thank you.   I have called and checked with Dr Stewart and he has been the least so far at 25,000.     Then Dr Aceleves office in Mexico quoted me 14,500 and they said that Dr Urgson comes to their hospital to preform with Dr Aceleves on the DS.    Im scared.     Not sure what to do.    Do I save 10,000 and go to Mexico or spend the extra 10,000 with Stewart ??   

I would go to Ungson in a heartbeat but not Aceves...yet.  He is still learning.  (that's why Ungson gos there to proctor those procedures.)  I'm not fond of being "learned on."
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 10/5/11 3:16 pm
Hi!

Dr. Stewart's website says the lap DS is $22,750 (
http://www.weightlosssurgeon.com/surgical-weight-loss-dallas -fort-worth/self-pay-pricing-weight-loss-surgery
). Did they give you a different price over the phone? I'm just curious about whether or not the website needs to be updated or if someone misquoted the price.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Ding-E-Girl
on 10/6/11 12:10 am - MS
    Yes,  they told me 25,000 over the phone.   And they said I have to make a pre op trip before.   Thats gonna be the hard part !!    
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 10/7/11 12:27 am, edited 10/7/11 12:27 am
Ah ok, the probably haven't updated the website yet. The fee includes:
  • -Surgeon fees
  • -Hospital stay
  • -Anesthesiologist fees
  • -Preoperative and postoperative education and materials
  • -Follow up visits (Up to three months of follow up visits included).
I'm curious if his surgeon fee went up, or if the hospital/anesthesiologist fee changed.

As for the pre-op, all you have to do is make sure you can be present at this office the day before surgery- but be sure to block out the entire day for the pre-op since it takes a long time! The pre op is nutrition classes as well as your first appt with Dr. Stewart. After that you have to go to the hospital where you'd be having your surgery to take some x-rays and blood tests.

I arrived a couple days before the pre-op to be safe, it also gave me time to do some shopping for things I'd need when I was released from the hospital (extra pillows, apple juice, boullion cubes, etc...). It was nice doing it that way, I didn't feel rushed and I wasn't scrambling to get things done before the pre-op.

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/11 12:42 am
i actually have dr stewart's self pay print out that jessica gave me 2wks ago - he is doing my sleeve revision.

25k is for revision - otherwise it's 22,750 lap.

i believe the OP is a revision.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 10/7/11 1:46 am
Ahhh, ok, that explains it. Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 360 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 134 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1050 views