that morning poop/air travel

lamp35
on 10/30/11 1:22 pm
Im reading that its pretty common that DS'ers have their bowel movements in the mornings.

I do quite a bit of business travel/flying during mornings hours.

Is there anything you can do to delay your bowel movements? Because I sure dont want to have to use an airplane lavoratory....lol
BeSwitched
on 10/30/11 1:36 pm, edited 1/23/12 2:27 am

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/11 1:39 pm
Anytime I need to 'go early', i just get up earlier and go earlier. 

Delay is not a good idea unless it is totally unavoidable and then you can try Immodium.

Michele
lamp35
on 10/30/11 1:44 pm
So with DS, you can pretty much count on an morning BM, that you can make happen?

TMI....but my current pattern isnt predictable, every 3 days or so, could be any time of the day...in other words, its not something I can "schedule' or make happen ....lol
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/11 2:28 pm
I was never able to 'schedule' either when I was pre-op and early out it is a crapshoot but now I can make it happen. Usually once or twice in the am and I am done for the day.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/31/11 10:49 pm - Burlington County, NJ
I've always been that way too. I'm in awe of people who can just sit down and do their thing on a clock.

goodkel
on 10/30/11 3:36 pm
Like most people, within 20-30 minutes of waking up, I've got to go. Don't try to put it off, get up earlier, if needed. I can maybe hold it for 20 minutes now, early out I was tempting fate if I didn't start heading to a bathroom at the first sign.

I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to change the schedule, but the time to test it is when you don't have to be anywhere. I had to use an airplane lavatory one week post op and it wasn't pleasant. But, the alternative would have been worse.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

buffalobillsfan
on 10/31/11 1:06 am - CA
I wouldn't count on delaying it.  The first one of the day usually is not an option.  :)  I always make sure I give myself plenty of time in the morning and coffee helps a ton to get it moving.  Control and predictability got much much better as time went on. 

Chad M.
on 10/31/11 4:22 am, edited 10/31/11 4:23 am - Indianapolis, IN
Most mornings it's pretty reliable for me. Much more so than pre-op. However every now and then it won't happen...and those often are days I'm going to be traveling. A cup of coffee will almost always get me going. If not, I'll have another on the way to the airport and then use the bathroom before getting on the plane.

If I absolutely had to use the bathroom on the plane, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

NoMore B.
on 10/31/11 4:40 am
I travel on business almost every week.  I dont have a BM every morning, but on mornings when I do it will be very soon after wakening, long before getting to the airport. 

I've gone on the plane plenty of times, it's not as horrible as you might think.  Some people even carry small sprays with them that help.  Only a few times would I say that I left an odor that was obnoxiously offensive, and even then I managed to make a look of disgust like I didnt know who it was, etiher :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 235 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 727 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views