TOLD you wigs were fun :-)

Elizabeth N.
on 11/5/11 10:50 am - Burlington County, NJ
That picture was taken at the National Folk Festival in Butte, MT in Summer 2009. I had just RUN up that flight of steps at a mile above sea level.

The last time I was in MT before that was 2002, freshly diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension but not yet on oxygen. I did not know that high altitude and PH do not mix and I was really, really sick. (And oblivious to just how sick I was, of course.) On a trip to Butte, we parked just a couple blocks from this location to go into a store, and I could not leave the vehicle and walk into the store.

When my lung doc found out I was in MT (and Yellowstone, where the lowest altitudes are still over a mile high), she was wayyyyyy pissed. That's how I found out how miserable it is at altitude. So before my DS, I believed I would die without ever seeing my beloved home state again.

That summer was a time of celebrating the most wonderful victories. (The story is on my profile if you haven't read it yet.) 

So, you see, I have more than the usual reasons to be a huge Montana fan :-D. You gonna come party with me next summer?

Imissthe80s
on 11/5/11 11:05 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
EN- I am not coming to MT until I can walk more than a few feet without huffin' and puffin'.  With that said and the DS powers vested in me, I am coming to MT! However, next summer, if all goes well with insurance and I don't lose my nerve, I would be only 3-5 months out from surgery, do you think that's too soon to take a serious trip?

Elizabeth N.
on 11/5/11 12:07 pm - Burlington County, NJ
That might be a bit early. Okay, plan for 2013 then!

trxxyy
on 11/6/11 2:08 am - Orange County, CA
EN,  what part of MT do you visit?  My best friend lives in Dillon and I need to plan a trip up there to visit this coming summer. I often dream of buying a place in Polaris, maybe someday when I am filthy rich.

It would be fun to meet you and thank you in person for all the great advice you provide on these boards. 

-shelly
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 11/5/11 1:31 pm
Next halloween I want to see you in a rainbow fro
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Kim S.
on 11/6/11 5:30 am - Helena, AL
Get wiggy with it girlfriend!  Love all the looks!  And most of all the amazing smile and love of life you portray!

Kim

MsBatt
on 11/6/11 11:35 am
I can't do wigs. My head's too big and I have a LOT of hair. But all my drag queens buds have fun with them. (*grin*)
Elizabeth N.
on 11/6/11 7:22 pm - Burlington County, NJ
ROFL! Well, since you have lots of hair, you don't have the use for them that I do :-).

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 124 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 665 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 234 views