compassionate friends

scaryreader
on 11/10/11 1:52 pm - Chicago, IL
 Has anyone heard of this organization? It's a support group for bereaved families who have lost a child. It meets the 1st Monday of each month. I wi**** met once a week. My daughter & I went to our 1st meeting this past Monday. We're glad we went. We learned that all of the feelings we're experiencing are normal. One father has been going since he lost his daughter 9yrs ago. He said every time he figures he can stop, someone comes along that needs to be helped along and he stays to help them like he was helped.
 You don't have to be embarrassed to show any emotion, be it anger at God for taking your child, the feeling of such fullness that you can't breathe deeply, emptiness, thoughts of suicide,  or any other emotion you may have. I know it's going to take a very long time for this pain to ease somewhat because of course it will never go away. We have to find such a group for my granddaughter also. She's 12 and not really talking much about her brother, but she does things like not allowing anything to be placed on the table that holds the urn with Michael's ashes.
 My "Sweetum" left us on 10-1-11. I would not wish this pain on my most hated enemy. Please keep us in your prayers. My faith is really being tested and as of right now it's losing.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

* Gail R *
on 11/10/11 2:30 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
This is a wonderful organization. I had friends, 25 years ago, who lost one of their young children in a car accident. I understand that they were instrumental in beginning this support system. I hope that this can help you through this difficult and heartbreaking time. My sympathy and best wishes for you and your family.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

scoob
on 11/10/11 10:36 pm - Somerset, KY
I don't know about the group but it sounds wonderful. I wish we would of had something like that 11 years ago.

My step daughter was 10 when she died in a car accident. Our lives haven't been and never will be the same again. We miss her every day. Just know, with time, it does get easier. Just take it day by day and put one foot in front of the other. That's all you can do. Don't let anyone tell you how you should feel.

I also HIGHLY suggest counseling. It has done wonders for me. Will be thinking of you and yours. HUGS sweetie!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Nicolle
on 11/10/11 11:25 pm
Oh, Eve. I am so sorry for your loss and pain. The organziation sounds wonderful, and if you get something out of it, then it's great.

I have no faith, but I would hate for you to lose yours. Hang tough. Light will shine again.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

dls77
on 11/11/11 7:51 am
I'm so sorry for your family's loss.  I don't know if you are interested in reading a blog or joining a facebook group, but look at "New Realites".  It's an aquaintaince of mine who lost her daughter in a tragic accident.  the blog talks about how she now approaches life and the facebook group is to lend support to others who have lost their children.

My prayers go out to you and your family.
mylittleblackdress
on 11/12/11 1:15 am - FL
I've referred several people to that group including my sister who found it very helpful after the death of her daughter.  My then-BIL refused to go.  Over time my sis did well with her grief, my BIL did not. Just saying.  It takes time.  Hang in there!
Hugs,
Lisa
Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 92 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 92 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 647 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views