Fishzole / Flagyl Use?

biggeekgirl
on 11/14/11 4:11 am
My question:

Anyone still routinely using it?  How often and have you had any bad effects or high liver enzyme results? 

Okay... I admit I started using it about 2 years ago and it's been awesome...  I can eat tons of carbs no problems.

But now my liver enzymes are high and they are asking me what meds I'm on and I'm not fessing up to Fishzole (yet).   

I am stopping it anyway because I am trying for another baby....  but I will miss it!

Cindy

Surgery on 4/25/05 , Dr. Alverdy in Chicago.  God Bless the DS !!!
Highest Weight = 412lbs, Surgery Weight = 359lbs, Current Weight = 155lbs (5'7" tall)http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8138761
 Lilypie

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/14/11 6:22 am
I don't use it often, but instead just do a round of it if things get out of balance.

I make sure to start on the probiiotics right away, and stay on them when I'm done with the flagyl, and things stay stink free for quite a while, usually over a year. If I don't use probiotics, things get out of balance again, sometimes within several months.
MajorMom
on 11/14/11 7:30 am - VA
I use it routinely and my surgeon knows it. My AST and ALT stay a little high. I'm on probiotics now but they usually only last about 2 weeks to a month, and I don't eat a lot of carbs.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

kkharriss
on 11/14/11 7:40 am - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 01/11/12
I am so sorry to ask this, but what is Flaygyl/Fishzole used for?  When I goggled it, the Fishzole came up saying it was for an aquarium, and the Flaygyl is an antibiotic.  So I am totally confussed.  I am trying to do my homework but am lost on these.

Thanks in advance,
Kelley
MajorMom
on 11/14/11 7:50 am, edited 11/13/11 7:51 pm - VA
First of all, I love your avatar! Fishzole is the same antibiotic as Flagyl but you can order it online without a prescription. Not the best solution at all and I don't recommend it unless someone is totally desperate. It's for bacterial overgrowth in the gut.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Larissa P.
on 11/14/11 10:40 pm - Denton, TX
I'm on a low maintainance dose after several rounds of hard dosing over the course of the last year. I take it in conjunction with a strict probiotic regime, and I still am a little gassy every day.

If I didn't take it, I couldn't live in society.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 264 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 248 views