Lab guidance please

Twi light
on 11/29/11 3:16 am, edited 11/29/11 3:32 am - NY
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc

This is my first set of labs, done at 4months out. I would say i was 65% of the time taking my Vits in the 4 months post DS, it took me a while to work up to a full regiment and then i was sick for a few weeks and lagging.

Overall my labs seem good to me but what do i know.  I have brought up my Vit D and Iron levels since my pre surgical lab work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArYf3F-nZWTHdFhkWkRQQ0x2U001ZU1YdHdyMEpOLXc

It looks all messed up when i put in a table , and it i cut off a lot of what i typed, so i have put the google doc instead.

MajorMom
on 11/29/11 7:50 am - VA
They don't look too bad and if you're on Vitalady's plan, just stick with it. You might want to think about dropping back on your B-complex just a bit and start supplementing only B1 every day and the B-complex maybe 3 days a week.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Twi light
on 11/29/11 8:00 am - NY
On November 29, 2011 at 3:50 PM Pacific Time, MajorMom wrote:
They don't look too bad and if you're on Vitalady's plan, just stick with it. You might want to think about dropping back on your B-complex just a bit and start supplementing only B1 every day and the B-complex maybe 3 days a week.

--gina
I was thinking this actually, to switch the B complex to just a few times a week, and to drop back on the b12.

I was not taking b12 for 2-3 weeks prior to these labs and it is still in a great range, i am afraid that 5000 sublingual a day is going to make it go overboard, and it is perphaps unecessary to be wasteful from a financial standpoint when i could take 3-4 sublinguals a week why take 7.

Do you know what low methyal balh blah acid means? i know if it is high it is  a precursor to low b12 but what if it is low? 

Also, how do i raise my good cholesterol?  Or will this balance out over time? Then the other liver function ones i think are off just b/c i am loosing weight right? 

Also, what is the relationship between PTH and Calcium and D? Wasnt there some way through lab work to tell if you are leeching calcium from bones? 

I am going to enter all this into that spreadsheet you gave me now.

MajorMom
on 11/29/11 8:09 am - VA
You could drop your B12 to 5 days a week instead of 7 cut back on the B-complex, but I'd get a B1 capsule from VitaminShoppe to keep your B1 up.

No idea about the methyl ...acid. You might want to look it up on a site such as labtestsonline.org

I've heard that exercise helps raise good cholesterol but some of us just run low post-op.

Low AST and ALT is a good thing. I think you're fine there.

Your PTH looks great. A lower PTH indicates it's not trying to pull your calcium from bones and teeth just yet. You need to raise that vitamin D to keep it that way.

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

Twi light
on 11/29/11 8:22 am - NY
Okay i will get B1 , these are just regular caps right? not dry or anything special order?

Ill drop to 5 sublinguals when  i do the next batch of vitamins. What do you think, go to 4-5 times on the B complex? or every other day? and B1 daily?

I looked up the methyl acid , everything just talks about if it is high, no one mentions low, i suspect it doesnt really matter much if it is low.

I should start exercising, "should"... really "should" ... ... ... ...  *shifty eyes*

I went from D being low range at 21when i was preop to 42 now. Do you think this will keep going up with my current dose of 150,000IU? Or should i increase this to 200,000?  I dont know how fast the body can truly increase the D and again i dont want to be wasteful and take more pills than necessary when all i have to do is wait? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

MajorMom
on 11/29/11 8:28 am - VA
I would go to 3 days a week on the B-complex. The B1 capsules are 100mg each but nothing special. 

You might try taking some of that D in the middle of the night if you routinely wake up. That's a lot of D you're already taking. Some folks find that if they take it alone and away from everything else, they absorb it better. You should be able to see an improvement in your D in as little as 6 weeks.

--g

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 269 views
calcium/protein