What's for dinner Wednesday??

yorkieGal
on 12/6/11 9:43 pm - Clermont, FL
hey Guys, so just saw this and as a friend and her husband just called and invited themselves to dinner tonight, I think this will be a good use of the chicken breasts we have - I'll let ya know how it turns out ok??

Low Carb Crockpot Chicken Dijon

4 chicken breasts with or without skin
3 Tbs olive oil (or any other)
2 cloves garlic minced
3 Tbs white wine
2 Tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs Dijon mustard

Heat oil in a skillet. Add minced garlic and cook 3 minutes, stirring often. Add chicken breasts and brown. In a separate bowl, combine wine, soy sauce and mustard and mix well. Pour generously over chicken. Put all in crockpot and cook for 6 hours on high.

Love to ya

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

scoob
on 12/7/11 12:38 am - Somerset, KY
Tonight will be chicken and shrimp stir fry!

2 boneless/skinless chicken breast cut into chunks
1 bag shrimp
1 bag of snap pea stir fry veggies
1 large onion
1 lb fresh mushrooms

cook chicken chunks in couple table spoons oil of choice. Add frozen veggies. Let cook with lid until veggies are cooked through. Can't stand that rubbery texture. Add onion as well.

When veggies are tender add mushrooms and shrimp.

My fav sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1table spoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ginger
a lil butter just for good measure
let it cook into mixture a few minutes

Then, 1/4 cup cold water 1 and 1/2 table spoons cornstarch. Mix well. Dump into pan and mix until sauce thickens.

My DH eats it over brown rice. My fav also but rice of any kind is no longer my friend. A slice of Whole Wheat bread smothered in butter. YUMMO!

Now I want my dinner!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

teachmid
on 12/7/11 7:01 am - OKC, OK
Ruby,
This sounds soooo good!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

yorkieGal
on 12/7/11 1:09 am - Clermont, FL
Oh sounds yummy!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

HeatherLynn
on 12/7/11 3:48 am - TX
We're going to have bacon wrapped venison backstrap. 
ModestoK
on 12/7/11 5:10 am
I just love reading what everyone has planned.

Tonight I'll be having leftover pork & ****aki mushroom crockpot casserole over some Dreamfield's linguini.
* Gail R *
on 12/7/11 5:10 am - SF Bay Area, CA
California dungeness crab season finally opened after the fishermen got a little closer to the price they deserve. I have a friend who works at the Pier near Half Moon Bay and got them at cost so we have 10 huge crab to cook. (on the outdoor burner) Going to have all the family for a crab feed. They are bringing gumbo and french bread. Can't wait.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

ModestoK
on 12/7/11 5:14 am
THANK GOODNESS!   I've been jonesing for Dungeness crab since October but due to the strike it was unavailable.   I'm thinking I may but a bunch if it goes on sale and stick it in a freezer so I can have it throughout the spring.

So, how do I get to be part of the family to get invited to the crab feed???

Enjoy it!

Kim
* Gail R *
on 12/7/11 5:22 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Hi Kim, I saw a sign at Safeway that they are expecting fresh crab on friday or saturday.
If you freeze crab, make certain that there is none of the yellor stuff on the meat or it will taint the meat. I love the yellow liver when it is fresh-sort of a crab pate on french bread.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

teachmid
on 12/7/11 7:03 am - OKC, OK
I'm making Brok's pizza with pepperoni, Italian sausage and mushrooms. DH and I both like it for leftovers too.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views