Pain in the stomach

Mendoza
on 12/22/11 12:24 am - NY
Is anybody experience pain in the stomach that increase with movement or with deep breath in the second week post op?
larra
on 12/22/11 12:56 am - bay area, CA
I would recommend calling your surgeon today. You should be feeling better, not worse, and the pain increasing with a deep breath is esp concerning. Don't put this off, we can't help you with this over the internet, and your doctor needs to know what's going on.

Larra
Mendoza
on 12/22/11 12:59 am - NY
What is esp?
larra
on 12/22/11 1:12 am - bay area, CA
esp is short for especially.

Larra

Now make that call!

Mendoza
on 12/22/11 1:34 am - NY
I called but he wasn't in the office and his secretary just tall me to go to er, but I don't want to go.
Jeremy M.
on 12/22/11 1:49 am - Fishers, IN
  Go!  Now!  It could be nothing, or it could be something quite serious.  My immediate thought with how far out you are is that you've developed a leak somewhere, or that possibly one of your internal sutures gave way and you're starting to have an abdominal bleed.  You need to be seen and evaluated by a trained professional.  This is not something to "wait and see".  This is a "get to the ER now" situation.
Jeremy

HW 327 / SW 300 / CW 198 / GW 169

Generic User_Name
on 12/22/11 11:05 am
 Go to the ER!!!  The surgeon's office and those of us who have answered you in this thread are all saying the same thing.

larra
on 12/22/11 1:47 am - bay area, CA
I'm trying my best to say this without being offensive. You've being foolish. You are risking your health and your life by not getting medical care. Pain with a deep breath can be a sign of serious complications. I can suggest a couple possibilities, such as pulmonary embolism (a blood clot in your lungs), pneumonia, or even an infection in the abdomen can cause this symptom. But no one can determine either over the internet or over the phone what is going on.
     That's why the nurse very wisely told you to get yourself to the ER. Whether or not you WANT to go is not the point. No one wants to go to the ER. But this is what you NEED to do, and you need to do it NOW.
     Now get off your computer, get off your ass and get to the ER!!

Larra
Kathleen F.
on 12/22/11 2:00 am
Yes, please... go to the ER!! As the old saying goes, better safe than sorry. This is not something to mess around with. 
Its a Secret
on 12/22/11 2:34 am
I've seen a couple of posters with similar symptoms.  They were all intelligent enough to go to the ER and get it checked.  Most had a problem, some didn't.  Better safe than sorry...GO  please!

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 355 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 133 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1049 views