How do I get out of this stall?

geutenmorgan
on 2/9/12 5:12 am
I am a little over 7 months out and have lost consistantly since before Christmas.  Now I haven't really budged a pound.  I even have been a lot more active and exercising more.  I haven't really changed much as far as eating.  I haven't been very good at the writing everything down to calculate how much of stuff I eat, but I average between 60-100 protein. Depends on the day.  I take all my vits, dont' really like any protein drinks, though I force them down occasionally when I am low on protein that day.  I eat lots of greek yogart, cheese, eggs, tuna, pork chops.  I do occasionally have a couple egg noodles when I make it for my family, or a small bite of corn bread when we have chili, but I do not eat more than 50 carbs on a daily basis.  I have been drinking the mio drinks, and vi****ers.  I thought a stall would be a couple weeks and then move on, this is going on 2 months.  I am just frustrated and wondering what to do to jump start the weight loss again.  I am not even close to my goal, I still have about 100 lbs to loose.  Help.
Tarragon
on 2/9/12 6:33 am, edited 2/9/12 6:33 am
Everyone stalls for a month or two after losing steadily for several months in their first year post-op, and everyone panics and thinks they aren't going to lose any more weight.  My six-week stall happened when I was at 320 pounds, I am now 173.  Relax. 

Just keep doing what you're doing, the weight will start to come off again soon.
clpeltz
on 2/9/12 7:37 am
Just ride it out.  Everyone goes through stalls and, yes, it is very frustrating!  I know!  Stalls can last a long time....just trust in the process and be patient!  It will start up again!

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

geutenmorgan
on 2/9/12 7:38 am
Thank you for your encouraging words. It just seems to be hanging on longer than I anticipated.
-Amanda-
on 2/9/12 8:54 am
I hate to sound mean but im glad someone else is having one too!
   Im one of the lucky ones to stall after only a few weeks out from surgery and have been stuck for about 8 weeks. HATE IT!!!
Anyway i consider you to be lucky at least you went a while before stalling . Best of luck to you.
Again Im not trying to be mean .    :)
Janet P.
on 2/9/12 9:24 pm
You're not eating enough protein and more water. Between 60-100 is not enough for a post-op DSer. You should be 100-125. You have to make changes to jump start a stall - it won't happen on its own.

Also track what you're eating - bet its more than the 50 grams of carbs you say you're eating.

Just some suggestions.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

newyorkbitch
on 2/9/12 11:31 pm
Substite WATER for all those drinks.
geutenmorgan
on 2/10/12 1:31 am
I will change the drinks to water though what I drink are sugar free. I find I get stomach aches when I eat a lot of protein. I will do it, cuz I want to loose weight, but do you have any suggestions of what proteins you eat. I get full so quickly it is hard to reach my 100 mark. I love the fage yogurt, love that it is 23 g of protein per cup. I also was thinking I need to track what I eat. What program do you use to track and compile all the nutrition facts? Thank you for your posts. I appreciate everyone's guidance.
newyorkbitch
on 2/10/12 4:27 am
fitday seems to work for a lot of people.

meat.   eat meat.  eat small frequent meals.
Valerie G.
on 2/10/12 8:44 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 My favorite stallbuster is Krispy Kreme donuts.  One or two will take care of it, and be blissful.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 364 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 137 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views