Great Breakfast Casserole

DivaJojo
on 6/4/12 12:20 am, edited 6/4/12 12:20 am - Atlanta, GA

Found this on allrecipes.com:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/amish-breakfast-casserole/detai l.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=egg%20casserole&e8=Quick %20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

Forgot about the cottage cheese and omitted the hasbrowns, but made this morning and it's great.  Really love the swiss cheese in it.  I just made it with Sage sausage.  I cut up squares and put in fridge/freezer.  It'll last me a week or two.  Do you have a favorite breakfast?

wannablite
on 6/4/12 8:51 pm - Southern, NJ
 This sounds great so thanks! I've been looking for something different. Here's one of my faves.

Breakfast Farina Cake

4 C milk
1 1/4 C Splenda
8 T butter cut into chunks
1 C Farina
16 oz Ricotta
2 t vanilla
6 Eggs, lightly beaten
1 t cinnamon

Preheat to 350. Grease 9 x 13 pan.

Bring milk, Splenda & butter to a simmer in large pot until butter is melted 1-2 min. Off heat, slowly whisk in farina until smooth. Stir in ricotta & vanilla. Let cool slightly then stir in eggs. Scrape into pan & smooth. Sprinkle w/ cinnamon & bake about 30 min until toothpick comes out clean. Rotate 1/2 way through cooking. Serve warm. 

I do 1/2 recipe & use Half & Half. Very comforting for cooler weather
DivaJojo
on 6/4/12 10:28 pm - Atlanta, GA
Mmmm, a sweet alternative.  What is Farina?  I've never heard of it.

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

wannablite
on 6/7/12 12:31 am - Southern, NJ
 I used Cream of Wheat. I believe that is what they were talking about. If not, it turned out yummy anyways! Hope you enjoy!
Erin
yorkieGal
on 6/6/12 6:06 am - Clermont, FL
I like mini "muffins"
6 eggs, half and half, S&P, garlic powder, sausage crumbles, softened onion and bell pepper, big handful of whatever shredded cheese you like all mixed together and baked in mini muffin tin at 365 for about 20 minutes. They keep really well in the fridge, served with chopped fruit, bacon etc. I sometimes warm one in microwave and then melt another thick slice of cheese on it under broiler!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

DivaJojo
on 6/7/12 3:00 am - Atlanta, GA
Oooooo, sounds good.

I baked some chicken thighs this week and have really been enjoying them.  I'm trying to get back to basics and I haven't just baked chicken like this since my mom passed.  I think 12 years is long enough to wait.  It was actually quite good.

I clean the chicken (you can use whatever pieces you have, I picked up skinless thighs on sale).  Sliced up a white onion and layered in the bottom of the pan, seasoned my chicken with S&P, garlic powder, rosemary and paprika (I love paprika) and placed it in the pan with generous amounts of carrots and the rest of the onion slices. Covered it with cream of chich soup and cream of onion soup and baked covered at 350 for about 45 minutes, then uncovered for another 30 minutes (was going for fiften, but drifted off).

It was great, but too much soup.  I'll just use one can and dollop with a spoon next time.  I'm proud of myself . . . it didn't taste like mom's, but it was pretty good.

JazzyOne9254
on 6/7/12 12:27 pm
DivaJojo-

I don't have a recipe, but I just had to compliment your avie!
That is one of the most beautiful white hibiscus blossoms I have ever  seen!  

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

DivaJojo
on 6/7/12 10:29 pm - Atlanta, GA
Thanks so much.  It's right next to my front porch and there's one with lavender blossoms next to it.  I don't recall it blooming much, but a few years ago it had grown so tall, that I got one of those "loppers" and started lopping off branches and the following spring, blossoms were coming out everywhere.  I took a few pictures with my phone.  One of the purple pictures, you can see a bee in the middle of it.  I love them.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 256 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 737 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views