Anyone tried "Lentil Chips?"

DivaJojo
on 6/13/12 2:55 am - Atlanta, GA
Was watching Dr. Oz yesterday and he highlighted some carb alternatives that included:

Vollkornbrot - a dense, fiber rich bread more common in Europe (Germany).

Baked Lentil Chips by Mediterranean Snack Foods

Hodgson Mills Gluten Free, Brown Rice, Flaxseed Pasta

Has anyone heard of or used these?  How do you like them?

Diva Jojo:   SW:  440lbs -- CW:  274lbs  --  GW:  240lbs

wannablite
on 6/13/12 8:51 pm - Southern, NJ
 I am a Nut Thins girl myself and don't get any "backlash" from them! Love all flavors. Have not tried any of the above.
Erin
DivaJojo
on 6/14/12 12:07 am - Atlanta, GA
Also, I saw a post n searching, I think it was from an RNY'er for roasted chickpeas.  I've got to copy the actual recipe, but essentially you completely rinse a can of chickpeas (gargbanzo beans), pat dry well on a cookie sheet w/ paper towel on top and bottom.  Arrange in a single layer and spray lightly with cooking spray like Pam and put in the oven on 400 for 30-50 minutes (depending upon how your oven works****il brown and crispy.  Remove and add your favorite seasonings.

I'm going to try that this weekend, but I think I'm gonna spray my peas and toss with the seasonings in a ziploc before going into the oven.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

DivaJojo
on 6/14/12 12:02 am - Atlanta, GA
Yes, I saw those in the store yesterday.  I think it was in the gluten-free aisle.  I'll have to try them.  I decided to pick up some Snapea Crisps and Humus Chips.  Currently snacking on the snapea's.  I must say they are filling.

wannablite
on 6/14/12 9:48 am - Southern, NJ
 I've always wanted to try the chick pea recipe, but for some reason never have. I'll be anxious to hear what you think!
Erin
octobermorning
on 6/17/12 7:45 am, edited 6/17/12 7:45 am
DS on 07/25/12
I've not had my surgery yet (tentatively set for July) but I love that dense bread you were talking about.  It's awesome!. 

Please post how your chickpea recipe turns out, sounds tasty!!

I just tried some nori chips yesterday called SeaSnax.  They're little strips of toasted nori with flavoring added.  Mine were onion flavored, but they had wasabi and chipotle flavor also.  Pretty tasy if you like nori.
"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was greater than the risk it took to blossom."  ~Anais Nin            
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 296 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 768 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views