DS SURGEON IN WILKES BARRE AREA

maxie1
on 6/18/12 9:09 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

hI,

I am looking for a DS surgeon in the wilkea-barre, scranton, danville area any one know of one.. thanks..

susan

susan                                                                                                
MajorMom
on 6/18/12 9:32 am - VA
The list of DS surgeons on www.dsfacts.com is a good place to start looking.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

maxie1
on 6/18/12 9:34 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

thank you I called one from the website here that said he did the ds and when i called the office he didn't do them.. I think I am going to have a problem since I already had the gastric sleeve from someone else.. I don't think any one wants to operate on me.. I'll keep looking thanks..

susan

susan                                                                                                
MajorMom
on 6/18/12 9:46 am, edited 6/17/12 9:47 pm - VA
Which one on DS Facts? That's just not right. You would be a revision and they should take you on unless they have a BMI limit. I understand the ones in Dr Bonni's practice are limited but most others aren't. Please keep trying.

--g

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

maxie1
on 6/18/12 9:50 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13
I called Dr Bono in hazleton.
susan                                                                                                
larra
on 6/18/12 9:52 am - bay area, CA
Surgeon lists on this website are NOT accurate! You were lucky, at least they were honest with you over the phone. We've seen plenty of other people being told something along the lines of "the doctor does all the wls procedures", they make an appointment, and when they get there, it turns out that the doctor does NOT do all the procedures and will try to talk the patient into whatever he really does do.
      Check the list at dsfacts.com.  No one listed there does not really do the DS. Whether you will have additional problems as a revision patient, I think that will depend on the individiual surgeon.

Larra
MajorMom
on 6/18/12 9:55 am - VA
Never heard of that one. The ones on DSFacts are a better bet than the ones on ObesityHelp. The docs here pay to advertise and there's no vetting process that we can tell. The ones on DSfacts are checked out first before they are put on there. A lot more trustworthy.

--g 

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

MajorMom
on 6/18/12 10:00 am - VA
We did get word today that Dr Peters from PA passed away today. I think he is on the list -- just so you know. Very sad, he was an excellent DS surgeon.

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

maxie1
on 6/18/12 10:04 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

from peckville he was the next one i was going to call tomorrow...  I dont know if Dr Bonnani will see me in warminster either... I had originally gone to him, he was going to do the surgery but there psych and my psych could not agree.. so I went with a surgeon here iin wilkes barre that I had known but had not done many of the  bariatric surgeries.  I trusted him, he is a great surgeon but my diabetes and weight loss is not adequate and I still am a diabetic after a year out.  sugar still runs in the 300.  thanks

susan

susan                                                                                                
zix
on 6/18/12 11:46 am - PA
DS on 02/13/12
You posted a similar post a few months back and I'll reply the same now as I did then. The closest DS surgeons to you are either the ones in Abington, PA or Dr. Greenbaum in NJ. Both are about equidistant to your location.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 256 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 737 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views