Bcbs federal insurance

BROWNEYES_24
on 8/4/12 3:47 pm
 Hey guys has any one had any luck with getting there insurance to cover a revision from sleeve to DS? I had the sleeve almost three years and I have regain my weight back. My sleeve was dne in Mexico so I'm wondering if a US doc would see me
MajorMom
on 8/4/12 7:08 pm - VA
I've seen a few getting band to DS revisions with BCBS Fed, so I don't see why they wouldn't approve a sleeve to DS if properly documented. You might try one of the surgeons listed in DSFACTS.com and see if their case manager could tell you.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

BROWNEYES_24
on 8/5/12 10:16 am
 Thanks for the info Gina
larra
on 8/5/12 10:07 am - bay area, CA
It will depend on the specifics of your insurance policy - we really can't answer that question for you. You need to get your hands on the exact wording of that policy, either on line on on paper, to see what, if anything, is covered in the way of revisions and what you need to do to qualify.

Larra
duck1975
on 8/5/12 11:13 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/12
 What happen with the weight regain?

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/12 7:49 am
Hi

I have BCBS Federal Plan as well. Since the plan covers all federal employees, regardless of that in which they live, the requirements are the same.

I also have a VSG, and just got approval for the DS. I was initially denied by BCBS because they said I did not comply with the post-op dietary and exercise directions. They had not facts on which to form this opinion, so I appealed, twice, and just won my 2nd appeal. My surgery is 22 days away (Aug 29, 2012).

The requirements for revision surgery are a bit more strict under BCBS. Read the plan and it will spell out everything for you.

Finding a surgery who is experienced in the VGS to DS revision is just as difficult as the BCBS issues!!  But, I live in the DFW, Texas area and we are fortunate to have a few very experienced surgeons -  my surgeon is Dr. Daryl Stewart. He is really one of the very best.

I wish you all the best. Keep up posted.
BROWNEYES_24
on 8/7/12 1:24 pm
 Thanks for the information. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 260 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views