Update on me (for those of you *****member me ) :)

Charline M.
on 9/6/12 4:26 pm
VSG on 02/23/12
Hi everyone,

I've not had much time to give you an update since I'm working so much lately.  I have been posting on my province's forum mostly but wanted to let you know what has been going on.

As the people who know me are aware, I was really hoping to have a DS.  I still believe it was the best option for me.  I was given the opportunity to have a VSG which after serious thought, I decided to take.

My surgeon (who is able to perform the DS but the province has not approved it yet) said that once it has been approved, and should I want/need it, we will do it as a 2 step.  So I was really ok with that.

That being said, I was sleeved on February 23rd, 2012.  To date I have lost 106.5lbs and I feel alive again....  it's absolutely amazing to be able to run around with my 5 and 7 year old kids...to be able to go to the waterpark with them, the zoo, walks in town, to the bus stop, to the soccer games etc etc etc...

I want to thank the wonderful people on this forum for the support, i truly appreciate it.  I will certainly let you know if I find out anything more on my surgeon and the DS.

Lots of love!
Charline
~Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.~        
Lisa A.
on 9/6/12 5:17 pm - Canada
DS on 09/21/12
Wow, you have done very well with the vsg. They are now doing the DS in my province(ontario) with Dr. Hong. Hopefully it will become more widespread in Canada,so that if you decide that you need the next step, it will be there for you.
Lisa
St.Joes Hamilton- Dr. Hong- Duodenal Switch (DS)
ref-Aug /11                       ultrasound-March/12            internist- April/12
info sess-Jan/12                soc worker-March/12             surgeon app. May/12
nurse & dietician-Feb/12     scope- March/12                 surgery- Sept 21/12
MajorMom
on 9/6/12 5:18 pm - VA
Congratulations on your success!  :)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

LadyLucky
on 9/6/12 8:19 pm - KS
That is wonderful.  Great job and congrats on your loss!  None of this is easy and you've done a fantastic job!

Do you know the size of your sleeve?  For example, 40 French, etc.  Just curious since I didn't have a much success with mine and am moving toward the DS now.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 148 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views