one night ....

clutterbunny
on 1/28/13 12:56 pm - CA
i lost my sweet little Schnauzer this morning. i have had sevetal glasses of wine tonight in an effort to deal. how bad is this going to be on my liver, anybody know?

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/13 4:28 pm

Sorry about your loss. I Could tell you as a non-DSer that it would not be bad but I am not familiar with how alcohol is with DSers.

Karamay
on 1/28/13 10:17 pm - NJ
DS on 12/18/12

I do not know about the effects of alcohol on a DSer (yet...), but I am still a 'baby'.  I am just so sorry to hear about your loss.  We had a 'schnoodle' (schnauzer/poodle) that we lost some time ago and it was devastating & we were in a fog for about a week.  If the wine helps...enjoy.

DS (Lap) on 12/18/12 w/ Dr. Onopchenko, HW- 242, SW- 231, GW- 130  Height - 5'3"

Member Services
on 1/28/13 10:58 pm - Irvine, CA

We are so sorry for your loss....    Here is a poem that helped me and other staff members when they lost our furbaby.

Rainbow Bridge 

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. 

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. 
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. 
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. 

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. 
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. 

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. 

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. 

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown...

Hugs...

A. C
on 1/28/13 11:22 pm

I am truly sorry for your loss.  The love of a dog is like none other!

clutterbunny
on 1/29/13 4:51 am - CA
thank you everyone. she was an awesome little creature. i was blessed to have her.

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/13 6:08 am

I am so sorry about your little dog. I lost two beagles in the past year, it hurts something awful. I'm sorry you are hurting.

MajorMom
on 1/29/13 6:11 am - VA

I'm so sorry.  The wine won't hurt too bad if you don't keep doing it. More than wine and for longer than one evening might stress your liver but a little shouldn't be too bad. I hope your day has been easier. It will take some time.

(((hugs)))

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

NoreenRT
on 1/29/13 9:09 am - Warner Robins, GA

so so sorry to hear you lost your little sweet fury friend.  i agree with major mom, a few glasses of wine tonight should be ok so long as it is not repeated.

please reach out to someone who will let you talk this sorrow and sadness out.  remembering and recalling memories is such a great way to start the healing process.

{{hugs}}

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

biggeekgirl
on 1/29/13 11:47 am
I'm sorry!

The wine is fine in moderation. Mourn your sweet doggy!

Cindy.

Surgery on 4/25/05 , Dr. Alverdy in Chicago.  God Bless the DS !!!
Highest Weight = 412lbs, Surgery Weight = 359lbs, Current Weight = 155lbs (5'7" tall)http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8138761
 Lilypie

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 247 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 733 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views