Has anyone ben stuck this long?

myblueseven
on 2/13/13 10:19 pm - Sudbury, Canada

OK.  Here I am after 30 days or dieting.  With adjustments etc along the way I ws really hoping this morning that I would see some results.  I jump on the scale.......same exact weight.....still.   I,ve been crying all morning.  I thought I had the DS so I would never have to face this kind of failure again.  I have so much stress in my life right now I thought trying lose some weight would be a positive thing to concentrate on.  What a big mistake.

You all have been so helpful and kind.  I really like to thank you so much but I do not think I can endure the disappointment anymore.  I really feel now that the pounds are with me for life no matter what I do,\

SUE
southernlady5464
on 2/13/13 10:50 pm

Sue...yeap!

Okay, 1) STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE, LOL...hide it, throw it away...just do not get on it til you see your doctor again.

2) Take measurements every month. Even if you don't lose weight, you can still lose inches.

3) Up your protein and fat, and make sure your carbs are as close to animals as can be (such as the carbs in milk) or green veggies.

4) Take a deep breath.

I had a stall that lasted from Sept 2011 to Feb 2012. Then started losing again.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Valerie G.
on 2/14/13 12:51 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

What kind of activity are you doing?  Perhaps the need is to move more, especially this time of year where snuggling under a blankie is all we want to do.  Being 5 years post op. you need to think creatively.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

puppysweets1
on 2/14/13 1:16 am - CA

This post sounds desperate.  Please call your doctor or the suicide hotline if you are feeling like you cannot endure. 

clutterbunny
on 2/14/13 2:16 am - CA

Agreed, lose the scale.  I was stuck for 2 months.  It happens.  I understand that it can feel defeating, but hang in there.  Nowhere to go but skinny!

PattyL
on 2/14/13 5:34 am

So what was your diet?  And sometimes stress can do strange things too.

I hope you feel better!

Sandra C.
on 2/14/13 1:49 pm - Kalamazoo, MI

My stalls were tough too. I tried everything I could think of to start losing. Going to the gym, fast walking really helped. I went every other day. Had a protein shake before and one after a 2 hr work out. Weight machines, kettle bell, incline treadmill, and a personal trainer to teach me the correct posture for the machines. 

Stress can hold weight and add to it. The endorphins help with mood, and deep breathing with exercise is cleansing for your lungs. Sometimes I was the last one out of the gym, at 11 PM. I went every other day. Soon I was losing 1/2 lb every other day. Slow weight loss, but my weight did go down, and I was happy. 

You sound very frustrated. That's unnecessary, you need to talk with a professional- a therapist familiar with major weight loss, and a psychiatrist for antidepressants. I had no idea how much help these people could give me. I couldn't have reached my goal without them, and still be healthy in body and mind. My Wellbutrin has taken the edge off my appetite, and helped me smile throughout my day. Everyone has underlying issues contributing to weight. Only a professional can talk you through these areas. i really like my psych lady, she has such an uplifting personality, perfect for my usually depressed mood. They advised me how to better handle  areas of my life, in ways I never thought of. Ask your PCP for a referral. Have an interview meeting to find someone you can relate to. My insurance pays for the therapist and psych.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

2renee
on 2/15/13 12:11 pm - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

I know that when I am stressed, it is much more difficult to drop weight.  I have been told that stress makes you produce more cortisal which in turn can reduce your metabolism so you hang on to the weight.  Give it time and keep eating clean.  It will come off.  In the meantime, try to find some way to release the tension.  Go for a walk, a massage, phone a friend, go to the gym, watch a happy movie on the tube....

Hang in there it will change.

myblueseven
on 2/15/13 11:52 pm - Sudbury, Canada

Thank you all for your kind support.  It has been a very difficult few days but I have decided to try again for awhile and see if I can concour this demon.

I don't know how I can remove any stress.  There are so many things going wrong right now I can't even begin to share them but one thing I did realize was that having this diet plan and all your support and knowledge gives me something positive to concentrate on.

So, back in the saddle again as it were.

So my goal is.  150g protein,  as far below 50g carbs as possible and over 300gs of fat.  Does this sound right?  And lots of water.  I will try to add more exercise as well.  Work keeps me tied up alot but I will try to work something in.

I still have to get bloodwork done.  I am trying to get in to my Dr. but she is hard to reach and not very helpful so I will have to tell her what I need.  I will bring Vitalady's list with me.

Thank You

SUE
Most Active
Recent Topics
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 6 replies · 362 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 135 views
How can I gain weight?
DEJanieT · 7 replies · 1051 views