New Day / New Whey

Jaiart
on 4/28/13 10:42 pm - MI
Hey there fellow DS'rs, I'm in the market for a new protein powder and don't want to have all the expense of trial and error. So that being said, I currently use isopure zero carb but it's an isolate, looking for a blend...

Any recommendations for a no carb/ low carb, decent tasting, non arm and leg costing, readily available whey blend protein powder?

dustycroy
on 4/29/13 2:35 am
DS on 05/14/13

I dont have a specific protien drink idea for you, but I do know from researching on here that everyone says to go to GNC for your protien powder purchases.  The reason being is that if you buy something and dont like it, they will let you return it no questions asked, within thirty days.  Obviously this can come in handy when trying to find a protien powder that you like.

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

allegedlylisa
on 4/29/13 2:36 am

I'm not sure if it will be what you are looking for as far as a blend - I think it's just whey isolate, but as far as cost, it's less than $12 for an 11 serving bag (using 2 scoops of powder).  It's call Chocorite, and I found it on netrition.com.  It has a bunch of flavors.  I've tried vanilla, chocolate, chocolate fudge brownie and cappucino and love them all. 

Lisa

Huneypie
on 4/29/13 2:53 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Gina/MajorMom is a Syntrax Nectar fan.  She lists it in today's (Monday) Bites n Vites thread where she's put her protein coffee recipe.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

maryc543
on 4/29/13 5:19 am

I am curious....why are you moving from an isolate to a blend....  I was just told I should be moving to an isolate....and using the foods I eat as the 'blend' of the different protein types....   I'm trying to get better at keeping my protein up, so I'm trying to learn...  yep, old dogs, new tricks....Thanks,  Mary

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Jaiart
on 4/29/13 10:11 am, edited 4/29/13 9:07 pm - MI
According to dsfacts.com the bioavailability of the blend is much higher then the isolate. Actually they were quoting vitalady's site...

"According to Michelle at Vitalady.com, make sure your protein powder or drink states that it is pre-digested or hydrolized. And the best kind of protein would be a whey blend protein. Second best would be a 100% whey protein. Isolates, though good for a quick acting pick-me-up, are not sufficient alone for post-op DS patients on-going maintenance requirements."

maryc543
on 4/29/13 2:21 pm

Damn....how did I miss that?????     I'm trying to get my levels up quickly, a little deficient, but back to the blends for the maintainence...thanks!

DS Part 1 (VSG) 11/14/06 DS Part 2 12/18/07
HW 430 SW 400 CW 210 GW 170 Blog: lifeisgood-mc.blogspot.com

Jaiart
on 5/15/13 5:46 am - MI
I went with GNC unflavored whey blend pro performance... I'll report back on the standard issues; taste, texture, mixability, etc...

I also have a sample pack of fuzzy navel, taste good mixes well but too foamy. Otherwise... Good stuff

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 260 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 738 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 247 views