Sun issues?

clutterbunny
on 5/13/13 6:33 am - CA

I've noticed this summer that whenever I spend time out in the sun and get any amount of color, the next day and for a couple of weeks after, I have what look like little pin-***** dots on the exposed skin. No bumps, but it itches something fierce.  I haven't changed any medications (dropped 2 actually).

Has anyone else noticed odd things like this after they started losing?  I'm considering going to the dermatologist, but I'm out of sick and vacation time, so it would be without pay.  Google did nothing for me other than point to a possible sun "allergy".

Any input is greatly appreciated!

-Deana

jashley
on 5/13/13 6:51 am, edited 5/13/13 6:51 am
DS on 12/19/12

I googled it and there are over 31 possible causes for sun sensitivity.  I've never heard about sun sensitivity from weight loss.

If you haven't changed meds, laundry soap or shower soap,  then you should probably head to the doctor.

clutterbunny
on 5/13/13 7:15 am - CA

Just bugs me because it's never happened before.  I generally try to avoid the sun because I'm so pale but I have a vitamin D deficiency so I try to get a few minutes here and there when I can.  Got 15 on each side on Saturday and now I'm itching like a wild b*tch! With fleas!

Made an appointment with the dermatologist, can't get in until the 31st but I took pics...

Thanks!

Herman
on 5/13/13 10:17 am

If I where you I would skip the sunbathing to get vitamin D.

I can guarantee you will not increase your D with sun exposure. To many things interfere with it.

You really need to get your D from DRY D3.

What you said tells me you have sunpoisioning, or sun allergy.

I live in Florida, I'm outside every single day because I have a big yard and garden. I can't use sunblock because I'm allergic, but still my vitamin D was very low. I have to take 100,000 IU daily to keep it in the upper 60's.

Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
kellydd
on 5/13/13 11:37 am - MI

Hi Deana-

I'm not sure we have the same issue, but for what it is worth...(you can google ple and see pics-- compare to yours). I have had this since my early 20's. We always called it "sun poisoning". I used to tan often and easily in my teens. Then I started breaking out one summer.  The older I got, the worse it became.  It got so bad at the start of each summer, l couldn't be outside with my kids. I  finally saw a dermatologist. It is called "PLE or polymorphic light eruption". I wear a good sun screen (50 spf)n . I was also prescribed Methoxsalen (Oxsoralen-ultra) 10 mg. I take it 2-3 hours before I will be in the sun for an extended period of time. The medicine is used for psoriasis, but works for this too. It works wonders, but is very expensive and is sometimes hard to get. Also use  Zyrtec and a topical cream (Rx) for itching. Each spring  I very slowly start getting a base tan--my itchy bumps get better as the summer goes on. I also take a homeopathic capsule called "Heliocare". Sells on Amazon. Helps eliminate free radicals from sun exposure.

I think this is a common ailment. I don't believe it has anything to do with weight loss. The itching is insane!! Good luck. (Some antibiotics can cause issues too). 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 257 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 737 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views