New Day/ New Whey pt2

Jaiart
on 5/15/13 9:54 pm - MI
I tried the GNC unflavored pro performance 100%. Good mixability, good taste, sadly I will be exchanging it today because its just a concentrate with isolate added and it's not lactose free plus it has 4 carbs per serving. So I will stick with GNC but switch to something else. Maybe the ultra products... A little more expensive but hey, I'm worth it. Lol also it isn't hydrolyzed either...

jashley
on 5/16/13 5:23 am
DS on 12/19/12

I've been thinking about this issue a lot lately.  Doing research on it.

I use a variety of protein powders, which is probably better at providing me the essential amino acids I need.  No rice, no pea though.

I would start searching on the web for protein powders.  I find that I can get better pricing than Amazon or GNC by shopping other sites.  LuckyVitamin.com had the cheapest prices for the powder I was sourcing, then bodybuilding.com came in second (and these guys always have it in stock). 

This stuff is expensive.  I would shop around for the best price and check out who is giving free shipping.  And you don't pay sales tax on internet purchases.

I use ISO Sensation 93 (mostly), ISO Pure Zero Carb, Dymatize ISO-100 Hydrolyzed whey, and have tried many others. 

Dymatize ISO-100 is pretty much the same price as ISO Sensation.  ISO Pure tends to run cheaper than these two. 

Jaiart
on 5/16/13 5:34 am - MI
So I am lactose intolerant now, don't ask me how I know... Lets just say I "almost" made it..,

Anyway I've taken the unflavored GNC back and for now I'm switching back to isopure zero... Can't have this happen ever again. Never before and Never again...

jashley
on 5/16/13 9:17 am
DS on 12/19/12

If you are that intolerant, I would check out other types of protein.  Usually concentrates have very little lactose in them and most people are not sensitive to it.  But you are, so take a look at egg protein and soy protein.  And, as you know, isolates are pretty much lactose free.

I have never had a lactose reaction.  I am 4.5 months out, and I still am too scared to try a glass of milk.  Would love to, though.  I love milk.  I'm going to try a small container of casein and see if I blow up.  I'll drink it and then go clean out the bathroom - so I'll be close if all goes horribly wrong.

I'm trying to get a mix of all the different types of protein so I can do a different one every day.  Each has it's strengths and weaknesses.  While Hydrolyzed is more absorbable, I think a variety of different proteins (food proteins also) are the key to getting a good mix of the essential amino acids.  The rest of the amino acids - our bodies can convert one from another if it needs to.

Good luck in your research

Jaiart
on 5/16/13 9:21 am - MI
Haven't been that intolerant in the past even since surgery but I did switch to a new lactose containing protein so I switched back to lactose free.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 264 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 740 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 248 views