No surgery for me; husband got laid off today

Lynda D.
on 5/23/13 7:30 am

Just got the news not too long ago. My husband got laid off. We have insurance till August 1st at least. The only thing I can do now is try to get my thyroid dosage right and get my CPAP supplies ordered and paid for before then. 

I'm discouraged. But I'm also hopeful. I've had a lot of trials and hard times in my life and things always manage to work out for the best. Never the way I want things to work out, but always for the best. 

By the way, my husband is a technical writer with 16 years experience. If anyone knows of a job please let me know. We can go anywhere.

Thanks, 

Lynda

First Surgery Date: November 5, 2005
Surgery Type: RNY--Proximal
Height: 5' 3"
Beginning Weight: 250 lbs.
Lowest Weight: 125 lbs.
Current Weight: 230 lbs. Seeking Revision to DS

Layleigh
on 5/23/13 7:33 am - CA
Revision on 09/10/13
I'm sorry honey, if I hear anything about a job, I'll keep your hubz in mind!
Lynda D.
on 5/23/13 7:57 am

Thanks. This came with no warning at all. It's funny how fast life can turn around. 

Layleigh
on 5/23/13 8:24 am - CA
Revision on 09/10/13
Ur welcome honey, just try to remember...everything isn't always as it seems! Don't give up!
Irishnurse
on 5/23/13 10:08 am
DS on 04/17/13

If you get approved before the insurance it up they still have to pay for it. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

PattyL
on 5/23/13 12:37 pm

Seattle is a happy hunting ground for your H.

Lynda D.
on 5/24/13 3:34 pm

Patty of the lovely legs (I'm jealous), I tried to send you a private message but I can't, and I don't want to fight the system. So I'll ask you here. Are there some opportunities in Seattle? And can you tell me more? Feel free to PM me. 

Thanks in advance,

Lynda

Corbin Y.
on 5/23/13 2:38 pm - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

Even if he got laid off, you should be given the COBRA option for the health insurance, and you could then have insurance on surgery day.

Valerie G.
on 5/23/13 11:55 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

August is a couple of months away soon, and you still may be able to achieve this.  Talk to the doc and see if you get approved, if you can get an ASAP surgery date because of your situation.  It's worth a try.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Huneypie
on 5/24/13 2:49 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Aw I'm sorry for both of you, but things often work out for the best - for example, if that stumbling block hadn't happened, then I wouldn't have gone in this direction, etc.  I hope there's a very definite upside for both of you in the very near future.  They often say that the darkest hour is just before dawn so you both need to hang in there and be positive!! ((Hugs)).

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 244 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 732 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views